Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Stash


Yep, I have a problem. Lynne's theory is that I'm trying to collect an example of every sock yarn in the world. She may be right. Let's see, what have we got here? Some HollySpring Homespun, some SweetGeorgia, some Socks That Rock, some Fybrespates, some Lorna's Laces,
some Brooklyn Handspun, some NoNo Kitty, there's some Claudia's Handpainted in there somewhere, some Artyarns Ultramerino, some Trekking XXL, and I can't even remember the rest. And this is without the Vesper and some more Brooklyn Handspun which is on its way..... Hi, my name is Kellie, and it's been four days since I last bought sock yarn......Pretty, pretty!

Ow. I went to the gym last night. My triceps want to go and live on my butt so that I can't hurt them any more.

Poor Dorian had a rough evening yesterday - he was in his usual spot in the loungeroom window, peering alertly through the flywire screen at the front yard, when suddenly we hear this rustling sound and he presses himself up against the screen as though he's about to go through it. We went to investigate, and there's a big fluffy black cat taking a dump in our garden bed. Six feet away. Positioned so he could watch Dorian while he did it. I thought poor Dorian was going to foam at the mouth with rage and indignation! I think that was the feline equivalent of giving someone the finger, actually.....

Good thing for the day: I finished my first purple home dyed sock and started number two. I thought that sock was going to beat me, but I won! Is it normal to refer to your knitting as though it was a battle of wits?
Bad thing for the day: I have to go to work now. Ick.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

It's probably good there's an inconvenient ocean in the way, or I'd come mug you. :)

7:40 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

For her books or the sock yarn?

Never too much yarn, sock or otherwise.

Poor Dorian! The gutty nerve of that cat! We've got a big black cat that comes and helpfully tastes (eats) Hezekiah's breakfast and dinner. So I don't poison her or something. He's really a sweetie so I let them sort it out and feed her again later.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Chris - aww! A threatened mugging is the biggest compliment one knitter can pay to another! One day I'll come visit and it will be a good excuse to buy MORE SOCK YARN. It's sad that I'm now kicking myself that when I was in the USA several years ago I wasn't a knitter, so didn't visit any yarn shops.

Carrie - Obviously this cat knows a sucker when it sees one! :)

8:31 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Wow! That is gorgeous sock yarn! Is there a self-help group? I am starting my first pair of socks on Friday but have inconveniently lost the pattern I was intending to use. I'm looking forward more than ever to my trip to Loop as I'm going to pick out more sock yarn for you to add to your beautiful stash! YAY!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Gorgeous stash! Handpaints are impossible to resist :)

Your triceps may hate you now, but will thank you someday!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

You know, it's really nice to know that I'm not the only one out there who can appreciate handpainted/sock yarns! mrspao is now officially one of my suppliers, and alison's blog has provided me with a link to another handpainted yarn emporium online!

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My what a big stash you have!

God forbid that mrspao ever has a stash as big as yours.

:-)

Seriously though I have no idea quite how much yarn is liberally distributed round our house.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Heh. That just means she's doing it right, pao! :)

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home