Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Shmeme

The yarn. This is a ball of Marta's two ply in purple, and one in Marta's two ply in green.

The shawl so far. It's not a real good picture of it, but the colours are pretty close to this, and you can see the effect of holding the two yarns together.

And now, a meme, blatantly copied from the inestimable Chris:

Seven Things to Do Before I Die
1. Go back to Japan
2. Go back to England
3. A Meet the Bloggers tour of the USA
4. Learn intarsia
5. Learn Japanese
6. Learn Russian
7. Knit more

Seven Things I Cannot Do
1. Tolerate being in the same room as a spider
2. Stop talking to cats I see on television. I know, I'm pathetic
3. Ride a bike. I fall off a lot
4. Draw
5. Paint
6. Listen to Britney Spears for more than two seconds
7. Be less than totally cynical when listening to politicians

Seven Things That Attract Me to Blogging
1. Showing off my cats in the deluded belief that people are as interested in them as I am
2. Meeting new people who also love their cats
3. Talking to people who knit unashamedly
4. Finding out more about other countries/cultures
5. Finding links on people's blogs to cool websites featuring hand painted sock yarn
6. Showing off my tragic photography skills
7. You know. Stuff.

Seven Things I Say Most Often
1. Oh For *(&@#$#'s Sake! (after getting off the phone to clients)
2. Meiko, stop eating that!
3. Ooh, look, a yarn store, let's go in!
4. So, are you gonna make dinner, or what?
5. Hello Tweetie! (To any one of the cats which wanders into my line of sight. Tweetie is a version of Sweetie. I'm a sad sad person)
6. Of course I need more sock yarn!!
7. Let's order pizza.

Seven Books That I Love
1. Kafka on the Shore - Haruki Murakami
2. The Blue Castle - L M Montgomery
3. Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
4. No Name - Wilkie Collins
5. Ayalah's Angel - Anthony Trollope
6. The Grand Sophy - Georgette Heyer
7. The Mists of Avalon - Marion Zimmer Bradley

Seven Movies that I watch Over and Over Again
1. The original Matrix movie. That scene at the beginning where Trinity rises into the air? I fell in love with this movie at that exact moment.
2. Resident Evil. I know, I know, but I like the suspense of the enclosed space thing, and I have a shameful addiction to zombie movies. I have no idea why!
3. Fifth Element. I'm beginning to see a "Chicks Kicking Butt" theme developing here...
4. Serenity. A film with no dead spots. I loved it.
5. Gone With the Wind. I never stop hoping it will end differently.
6. Pirates of the Carribbean. Well, the Johnny Depp parts of it, anway.
7. Underworld. So so pretty.

Good thing for the day: Dave will soon get off his butt and make me Mediterranean Eggs for breakfast.
Bad thing for the day: Dave has not yet gotten off his butt to make Mediterranean Eggs for breakfast.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Aw, shucks...

Heh, did you get your Mediterranean Eggs yet?! :)

I do like those two colors together. :)

Jeanne and I went to a cat show today! Lots of kitties.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Yep! Eggs in stewed tomato with cumin, paprika, and haloumi cheese. Yum!

I haven't been to a cat show in ages, but we did peek in the window of a pet shop today and there was a cage full of little Rag Doll kittens. I was completely smitten.

3:45 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Mediterranean eggs sound yummy. That shawl is really pretty - I really like the colours. I wouldn't have been able to walk past that pet shop without taking one home. Rag dolls are gorgeous.

4:51 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:51 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

I know. I dreamed about rag doll kittens last night. I dreamed I said we were getting one no matter what, and then I dreamed that my husband divorced me cause we had too many cats. Ooops.

6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home