Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Friday, February 03, 2006

Meiko Reclines


Woooo! This gets me even more attention! This is even better than the time I tried to climb into the printer to see where the paper was coming from!

Meiko also likes to smack her paws at the little moving figures when Dave is playing computer games. And she knows the "AArrrrgh" noises Dave makes when she does it means he's appreciating her help.

I got my delivery of Socks That Rock the other night - will try and get pictures tonight! I don't usually have this much yarn being delivered - this is stuff which I have ordered over the last two months and it's all turned up in one week. I won't even mention the new yarn I just ordered - Brooklyn Hand Spun has just updated her shop again. I was helpless. Just don't tell my credit card, for heaven's sake.

Good thing for the day: it's Friday and we have NO social commitments this weekend! Yay, relaxing time!
Bad thing for the day: I accidentally stabbed myself in the hand with a sharp metal pointy thing at work the other day and it's now gotten really infected and Dave is saying I Told You So.

10 Comments:

Blogger yarnivorous said...

Your hand was not looking pretty last night.... but the STR is so pretty!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

What, you missed the Vesper sock yarn?! :)

Oh, I bet Meiko leaves lovely pawprints on the screen. I'm still trying to figure out how the occasional pawprint makes in onto the center of the TV screen. 27" TV, sitting 2.5 feet from the floor. Hmm.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Ha! I did get some Vesper sock yarn! I had to be very very quick, though - I checked the site, there was nothing, I checked the site an hour later and it was almost all gone! Oh, I have sooo much sock yarn and noooo money......

Dave is particularly cross with this habit of Meiko's as his monitor has a special screen which requires delicate cleaning. Meiko doesn't care. I think it's a feline challenge to get pawprints on unlikely surfaces, personally.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Poor Meiko. There are so many inexplicable rules.

Your hand does not sound good. Did you see a doctor? Get any antiobiotics? A tetanus shot? Yikes.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Hi Carrie!

I'm off to the doctor in the morning. I hoped it would just clear up, but it's looking gross enough to justify the doctor's visit. Also, I'm becoming worried that it might impede my knitting, and we can't have that!!!

I had a tetanus shot a few years ago when my pet rat bit me.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I hope the doctor was able to get you some antibiotics so your hand will heal up! :(

You had to be quick to get some of that Vesper - wow, very impressive!

Hee hee - a friend sent this to me and it is DEMENTED. COMPLETELY DEMENTED. So, of course I thought of you. ;D

12:21 AM  
Blogger Brooklyn Handspun said...

Man, sorry to hear about your hand - you better get it checked or you might not be knitting...I bet that got ya running to the doctor! I can't wait to see what you knit up with your recent purchases.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Chris, you are an evil, evil, woman, and I have to honour and respect you for it. That was FREAKY. I so asked for that though! :)

7:45 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Ow ow ow! Poor hand, poor you. Meiko is looking very beautiful today.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

You did indeed. :)

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home