Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, February 06, 2006

Noro, Anyone?


I did a major stash reorganisation and frogging of UFO's (other wise known as What The Hell Was I Thinking, I'll Never Finish This!) on the weekend. I chucked out half of a project cause there was no way I could even contemplate trying to frog it, and I returned three projects to the skeins from whence they came. I bought some more storage, and now my yarn corner no longer looks as though someone stirred it with a big stick. The upshot of all this blather is that I now find myself with some surplus yarn. Nine (Count 'em! Nine!) skeins of Noro Kureyon that I have been forced to admit I will never use. I love the colours, but it's never gonna happen. So, I was wondering - is anyone interested in swapping for these? The colour in the photo is pretty accurate, btw. Leave comments! Email me at purple6 at optushome dot com dot au!

I also managed to cram all of my sock yarn into one container. I took a photo - tomorrow, you shall see the frightening amount of sock yarn I own. No, no, I take it back, sock yarn could never be frightening. Don't tell it I said that.

I also bought a book on Knitting techniques so that I have access to a stitch library. With a voucher, so I didn't actually spend realy money. And I bought the Harlot's book, which I have annoyed Dave with by laughing out loud and insisting on reading him bits of.

We also started going through boxes of books and junk to try and clear a usable space in the room I use as my library. I am culling a large number of books, and we are getting rid of a whole lot of junk. So much of it is stuff we have for the sake of having stuff, and we don't want it cluttering us up any more. The cats were totally entranced - they aren't allowed into that room alone since I discovered Meiko had been sharpening her claws on one of the cardboard boxes. She'd worked her way through the cardboard and saw no reason to stop there - hence a box full of original Enid Blyton books with shredded spines. Ouch.

Good thing for the day: I may soon have room in my library for a spinning wheel!
Bad thing for the day: I may soon have room in my library for a spinning wheel!

9 Comments:

Blogger yarnivorous said...

Wow - you've given up on the coat!
You could make a Lady Eleanor from the Noro. She is in scarf style. Look up sknitty at typepad. She is having a Lady E along.
Isn't it good to get rid of stuff?

6:51 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

It sure is! And we've only just scratched the surface! I'd like to have a house with usable rooms rather than a house with some junk in it.

7:53 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Well done on the organizing! I've got to do that - the house is very, erm, lived-in at the moment. I can sympathise with the sharpening as the boys and Perdita still spray occasionally even though they've been doctored. We don't let the cats into the spare room alone even though they adore it when they are in there. Sometimes I find that one of them has crept in very quietly so I have to check carefully when I go in there.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, you could make one heckuva stunning felted bag with that Noro! I would hang onto it... Anmiryam (gromitknits) got rid of a bunch of Noro about 4 years ago and I was the lucky purchaser. She recently saw the sweater I made from it up on my blog and can't figure out why the heck she ever got rid of the yarn...

9:35 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wait - you can make a kitty bed!! Check out this cute picture.

Or peruse the Kitty Pi gallery...

9:38 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

You're just supposed to talk about organizing and throwing things away, not actually do it! Well, sometimes you need to do it.

That yarn is gorgeous. I'd keep it if I were you.....that and probably everything else.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOH! GIVE ME BOOKS!!!!

6:28 PM  
Blogger PutYourFlareOn said...

Wow, any takers on the Noro?

Your socks stash is impressive. Scary yet impressive.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Hey Flare! Thanks for the comment on my sock yarn stash. I'm very proud of it - which is fortunate, as I may be using it to live in in my old age.... :)

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home