Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, January 30, 2006

Monday Morning Whining


Carrie, this one is for you! This is my mum wearing the first shawl I ever knitted - again with the purple. You can't see the pattern along the bottom edge too clearly, but the pattern up the middle shows up beautifully. Now all I have to do is hope that mum doesn't find out that I've been posting pictures of her on the internet!

It's Monday morning. I don't wanna. At least the temperature has fallen somewhat, although it's still quite humid. The weekend was okay - lots of sitting in front of the airconditioner and knitting. And watching dvd's. Naturally. Although we did venture out on Saturday to Penny's,
where I got a 1776 volume of Fordyce's sermons to young ladies. I love this kind of stuff - the attitude and behaviour of the young ladies as prescribed by the church tells you a lot about the church and the way young ladies actually behaved. I am a history nerd. I did my honours degree in Elizabethan history, about female Protestants and their role in penetrating the Catholic northern counties of Yorkshire.

Apparently I have to go to work now.

Good thing for the day: The sky is overcast and gloomy. My favourite.
Bad thing for the day: I'm not out on a wild international yarn shopping spree.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

This really brought the time difference home to me! You're heading off to work on Monday mornng... and it's Sunday afternoon here...

7:44 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Yep, Sunday evening here. Just don't want to go to work tomorrow :( I think the boomtown rats were right. The sermons to young ladies sound interesting. I love reading those sorts of things. Thank you for the compliments on Jasper - he's a very special boy who I acquired in a supermarket carpark on Christmas. Very much a ladies' man.

9:13 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I was thinking the same thing, Chris! It's barely evening here Sunday night.....

I love old dictionaries. They have all sorts of odd things in them, Bible stories, etiquette lessons, cooking tips....

The shawl looks great! I can see the detail at the bottom too. At least it's your mother's back! lol.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

On the upside, my Monday is almost over and yours is just about to begin!

I just got my package from Holly Sprung Homespun (Two Months after it was posted. Expect pretty pictures in tomorrow's entry!).

mrspao - It's so true that cats are sent to you sometimes! I would love to hear that story!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

On the upside, my Monday is almost over and yours is just about to begin!

I just got my package from Holly Sprung Homespun (Two Months after it was posted. Expect pretty pictures in tomorrow's entry!).

mrspao - It's so true that cats are sent to you sometimes! I would love to hear that story!

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home