Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Yarn P*rn

This is Holly Spring Homespun in Envy, I think is the colour - superwash merino.

Artyarns Supermerino - this one is my favourite.

More Artyarns Supermerino - rose and sage.

Ahem - more Artyarns Supermerino, purple and gold.

All piled up in a luscious heap...

And finally, Holly Spring Homespun superwash Merino in Tequila Sunrise.

I have been waiting for this shipment for a loooong time - it was posted from the US TWO MONTHS ago! I can only assume that the US and Australian Customs services were competing to see who could hold it up the longest. This luscious shipment was purchased from the very fanciable Holly Spring Homespun - and, you know, they had SOCK YARN. I was helpless, I tell you. I am having nebulous plans for a blissfully soft stole/wrap thingy for myself with all this, but I'm having trouble finding a good pattern. In the meantime, I'll just keep it plain view where I can fondle it several times a day.

Thanks so much for the comments on the Seraphim shawl - my colleague loved it, got teary eyed, and so did I! Apparently her mother used to knit a lot, so this means a lot to her! She says it will be perfect for during chemo cause the stuff they inject is chilled (shudder), so it will be nice to have something warm and soft and pretty to wrap around herself. I really feel like I did the right thing with this gift!

Oh, and I learned something new about my office environment - apparently yelling "AAAARGGH" after getting off the phone from a client is unsettling to those around me. Who knew? :)

I feel like I should comment on world affairs or something here. Or maybe I can just relate my favourite anecdote about Errol Flynn - apparently he was banned from having alcohol on the set when he was shooting films, so he would smuggle it in by injecting vodka into oranges. His inventiveness amazed me.

Good thing for the day: Fooling you all into following this link - I've seen some strange things on the web, but this made my jaw drop.
Bad thing for the day: Having to go to work when I want to research interesting patterns for fooling around with my Artyarns cushiony softness.

7 Comments:

Blogger mrspao said...

You fooled me! That was weird.

Really love the yarn it was so pretty and I am utterly jealous!

9:28 AM  
Blogger Miriam said...

Holy crap! That is so bizarre! YAY for people loving handknit gifties!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Hee hee. I can't help but share these strange things I find on the web!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Woah. Huh.

*boggle*

Gorgeous yarn!!!

I don't understand why people at your office would find that disconcerting. I do that all the time...

1:39 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

So that was a homage to what's her name's Oscar costume a few years back? Whoa is right.

I am sensing a trend in your yarn.....it's me. I'm just sensitve that way. ;)

4:37 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

That Envy yarn is almost the same colours as the self striping cotton sock yarn I knitted some socks out of. Bizarre. Tomorrow I will see some of your artyarns in person! (I hope)
I didn't follow the link cos I figure it is going to be Flash and my computer doesn't do flash.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Hey, Annelynn!

Glad you liked the link - my friends have a talent for finding these bizarre things and I like to share the horror!

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home