Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Lulu In The Window

This cat has never been known to be in anything other than a graceful pose. Even at the vet, she's wary but dignified. She is the feline iron fist in a fluffy velvet glove.

I did lots of knitting yesterday. Because it's a faroese shawl, the long bottom edge is knitted first, so it feels like you're running on the spot and not getting anywhere, but I've now started the lace pattern on the bottom edge so I can at least track progress. Purple and green should be used together more often.

I have to share this with you. It hurt my brain and made me feel dirty for watching it. So I thought I'd share the wrongness:

Eeeek.

Sorry, sorry, I just couldn't keep it to myself.

Good thing for the day - going out for brunch shortly. I often crave scrambled eggs in the morning but have a pathological aversion to making my own.

Bad thing for the day: This summer has been brutal, and it's not over yet. I'm exhausted and kind of down at the thought of battling my way through the rest of it!

7 Comments:

Blogger Sinda said...

Lovely kitties. I will have to work at getting photos of my cat and dog on my own blog. You must be down under talking about summer in January. It is winter where I live and I am looking forward to some warmth and sunshine.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Woah, that was... fug. Amazing fug. Thanks (????!) for sharing. Yet another lifetime scar! ;)

Lulu is gorgeous!!! Hi Lulu.

Oh, picture of shawl?? Love purple and green...

10:52 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

:) Sorry, Chris, I just couldn't resist sharing the horror there.....

Will attempt progress photo of shawl this afternoon - don't know what quality it will be, given that (thank all the gods) it is finallyn raining down here!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Well, since we had some record breaking number of sunless days here in November, December, and early January - I sure as heck am not giving anyone grief about not havng natural lighting! Heck, I live in a condo on the NE side of a building - I have about 10 minutes of direct sunlight in the morning - and I'm sure as heck not awake enough then to take knitting pictures...

3:02 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

So no one wants to hear about my cool clear sky weather? It did rain yesterday.

What Faroese shawl are you making, Peevish? I did one out of Knitter's but I (and do not do this!) blocked out the shoulder shaping, like an idiot. I suppose I could reblock it.

And such an elegant pose.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Thanks Carrie! She seems to automatically arrange herself in the centre of windows, in the middle of cushions - even sprawled across the carpet she manages to look languid rather than lazy.
I'm making the Stora Dimun Shawl from Folk Shawls - fortunately, the first shawl I knit from this book was the other Faroese shawl, and I didn't block it as I've never blocked anything before. So when I tried it on, I realised exactly what the shaping is all about.

Chris: success! I will post photos of Shawl in progress on tomorrow's blog entry!

5:42 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Great link - I've had to blog about it. I'm looking forward to some photos of your Faroese shawl, I'm intrigued by it.

Lulu is absolutely gorgeous.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home