Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Resistance is Futile


You cannot escape the cuteness. We will assimilate you.

P.S. Send treats.










So, I was thinking I should maybe mention my knitting once in a while. I'm only going to talk about what I'm currently knitting cause the thought of all of my unfinished objects makes me break out in a cold sweat.
Apparently, my brain is trying to kill me. Sweltering hot days, more to come, and instead of going on with me lovely little highly portable sock, I cast on 449 freaking stitches to make a shawl. Yep, a shawl. Just a couple of weeks before I am due to start another shawl for the Harlot's Olympics. No, I don't know what's wrong with me, either. Anyhoo, it's the second Faroese shawl from Folk Shawls, and I'm knitting it with two strands of two-ply from the incomparable Marta's. This woman has an unbelievable way with colour and I have quite a stash of her solids and multicolours - it's like having a painter's palette ready and waiting. For this shawl I'm using one strand of solid purple and another strand of solid green. It's looking gooood. I will take pictures tonight.

In other news, after today I have a four day weekend. Which will be good. Tomorrow will be 40C. Which will be bad. I just do not cope with the heat, it really screws me up. But - airconditioner! Cooold air! Not hoooot air!

Good thing for the day: My new shawl. I am itching to go and keep knitting on it. Which is good, as the rows are currently 449 stitches long. Sigh.

Bad thing for the day: Being totally and utterly weak yesterday afternoon and succumbing to Brooklin Hand Spun's
Monet Sock Yarn. I am such a sucker for hand dyed sock yarn. Budget?? What budget???


3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Send treats because you starve him, obviously. ;)

Tomorrow will be 40 here... 40F, that is. Balmy for winter in Minnesota!!

Your shawl sounds fun. And you sooooo did not need to share about Brooklin Hand Spun's sock yarn. Good thing I'm in Stashalong. Sounds like you shoulda joined, too!!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ohmigod - you actually got Chaos on Kitten War?! Too cool!! Thanks for the vote - black cats don't seem to do that well. Damn difficult for the devil's minions, I guess.

Diablo is doing quite a bit better on Kitten War. You can check Chaos' stats by going "up" two kittens from Diablo - Chaos is right after "Tucker."

12:24 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

My goodness, I've never seen Meiko's face like that before!
MMMmmm, hot days, woollen yarn... LOL
We'll be at crafties - see you at gibbering's!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home