Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, April 03, 2006

Lulu Helps

Hmm... yes, this should do nicely....roll test, check. Waving fluffy paws in the air, check. Giving the other cats the evil eye in case they get the foolish (and potentially fatal) idea of coming near the yarn staging area, check.

Lulu was very helpful when photographing my stash. She kept a close eye on the layout of skeins, investigated the tubs to make sure I hadn't missed anything, and still managed to prove that she's still the prettiest piece of fluff in the house.

I was weak, my friends. Yes, I know, quelle horreur yada yada yada. I logged on to Kpixie to procure the Happy Hooker for a friend's birthday, and of course, to justify the overseas postage I had to add one or two morsels to the order.... basically, it's Mim's fault. Check out the most awesome sock pattern I have ever seen. I MUST MAKE THESE SOCKS. So I've purchased the pattern, and because they look so good in the grey, I ordered a couple of skeins of LL in Pewter to make them. And possible a couple of skeins of the Vera colourway. But I can neither confirm nor deny that at this stage.

I had huge fun with the stash flashing - I got lots of lovely compliments on my stash, and I got to drag Dave over to several sites to prove that my stash is, in fact, PUNY. PUNY I TELL YOU. I could tell he was quietly impressed. Or terrified rigid, it was difficult to tell.

And you all have such great stashes! I loved peering into other people's stashes with voyeuristic intensity - it's fascinating, like other people's bookshelves.

Just went to see V for Vendetta - I loved it, it was huge fun, and intelligently written and directed. And I may just be able to forgive Natalie Portman for her part in the Star Wars Travesty (oops, Trilogy).

Good thing for the day: Steamed Vegetarian Buns for lunch.
Bad thing for the day: Dave insists we spend some holiday time cleaning the place up a bit. Killjoy.

4 Comments:

Blogger mrspao said...

You could say you need paying in yarn for any holiday time cleaning activities :)

7:29 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Those are such pretty socks - they are definitely on my list, too. It's amazing how many little credit card slipups you have. ;)

Hi Lulu!!

Hmm, tell Dave he's a major bummer. Cleaning on holiday?! Tres drag.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Arent' those socks glorious? They're on my list.

Clean while on holiday???? Is he daft?

Lulu is adorable.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Yeah. Dave rather selfishly insists that we clear some of the still-not-unpacked boxes from his study area so that he can actually use it. Sniff.

Well, I'm glad you like the socks pattern - I absolutely adore them, and Mim is fast becoming one of my favourite pattern designers!

Lulu says she loves you too, Carrie!

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home