Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Stash is Flashed

Oh, man, is this going to be a long post!!! Above, we have in the back row, grey and cream Patonyle sock yarn, in the middle, an Italian brand which is bright purple and sparkly only you can't see it here, then Sockenwolle in Four Seasons (?), Heirloom Argyle in grey. Front row: Sockotta, some self patterning Black, grey, and magenta from Yarnivorous, and some Knitpicks. The only colour way I can remember is pansy, on the end.

Second lot of sock yarn: up the back, half a skein of SweetGeorgia, Ironstone purple and green (from Chris), and half a skein of Schaeffer Anne. Middle: four skeins of STR, and four skeins of Trekking. Front: Opal Handpainted.

Twenty skeins each of Rowanspun DK in Goblin and Thorn. Cucumberpatch is responsible for this.

The grey is enough alapaca from the Bendigo Woollen Mills for a jumper. On top, enough custom-dyed tussah silk from Spirit Trail to make the Annie Modesitt corset top. I have had this for over a year and have been too scared to knit with it!

Sock yarn part 3: up the back, two skeins of Brooklyn Handspun, and a skein of Need More Yarn. Middle: two skeins of Vesper in the Crew & Knit & Tonic colourways, and a skein of SweetGeorgia in Rose (?). Front: two (mismatched) skeins of Claudia Handpainted, and two skeins of Artyarns Ultramerino in a lovely purple/olive colourway.

Oy. And more sock yarn. Back: Mountain Colours Bearfoot in Elderberry and CTH in Old Rose. Middle: Purple goodness from Sam, Need More Yarn, Zengardens, SweetGeorgia, and two skeins of Nono Kitty yarn. Front: Curious Yarns in Gothic, and a skein of purple and black yarn from a producer at the Bendi sheep & Wool show last year. Laddered up the side are CTH in Java, two skeins of Holly Spring Homespun, and down the bottom is a skein of Fybrespates in Foxglove.

Some assorted bits and pieces: Debbie Bliss wool/cotton, some Heirloom 3ply baby yarn, two skeins of Noro, a skein of handdyed dk (no idea where from, lost the label!), and pink and green Heirloom baby yarn.

Recent gifties: Purple cotton yarn, purple and grey Sockotta, purple and green wool/mohair, a skein of Fleece Artist, a skein of Colinette, and a skein of soft charcoaly goodness.

Oops. Last sock yarn, I swear.... Lorna's Laces! From left to right: Flames, Rainbow, Safari, Aslan, Black Purl, four skeins of Purple Iris (Dave and i want matching socks cause yes we are soppy sometimes), and two skeins of Buck's Bar on the end.

Recent acquired from Cucumberpatch: twenty skeins of Rowanpun 4ply: five each of the purple and pink, ten of the slate: this is earmarked for maybe my first colourwork.

Top lefthand corner: pretty stuff. That's all I know. The rest is big cakes of Marta's 2ply: I use this as laceweight for various things, or I experiment with using two colours together for heavier projects.

This is a terrible photo, but the tub contains twenty skeins of Jo Sharp Silkroad Tweed (?) in Blueberry, and twenty skeins of Jo Sharp DK in purple.

My ArtYarns Supermerino stash for my Ridiculously Decadent Afghan project. Don't ask me how this project is going or I'll hurt you.

Koigu: four skeins of purple/bronze/green, and three skeins of oxblood red.

Cleckheaton Merino Bambino stash. This is seriously the nicest, softest, baby yarn I have ever come across. This feels really good to knit!

And, finally, some more laceweight: from left to right, the remains of my SweetGeorgia Violets left over from my Olympic shawl, a huge skein of handdyed laceweight that I bought at the Bendi Sheep & Wool Fair, several balls of slightly heavier than laceweight which used to be one big skein but annoyingly turned out to have several breaks in the middle, and two luscious luscious skeins of cashmere custom dyed for me by Yarnivorous.

I think I need a cup of tea and a lie down.

14 Comments:

Blogger yarnivorous said...

Woo hoo! You described all of your stash! Congratulations!
I didn't bother. LOL If I did, we'd be here for the next century.
You do good stash :-)

10:31 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, you have some incredibly luscious stuff! If I ever visit, you should definitely do a luggage check as I leave... just sayin'...

Heh, I'm not going into that sort of detail or, like Lynne said, it'd take a good long time.

12:11 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Mmmm.... that woolly goodness. Yep, you'd have to frisk me too. If it wasn't your yarn, it would be a cat :)

8:20 AM  
Blogger chocolatetrudi said...

Lots of yummy yarn there, peeve. Lots of purple (funny about that) and green.

You know, I've been dreaming about sock yarn since Wed night. I'm starting to wonder if the only way to stop these dreams is to order some...

10:35 AM  
Blogger rania said...

wow, yummy stash! i'll take the koigu!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Aww shucks! So good to know that you all would cheerfully plunder my stash and make a run for it!

:)

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful stash!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I really want a large overview. It looks so reasonable spread out like that.

8:35 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Carrie - No Way. If I try for a large overview, it looks even worse than it already is. Small chunks = reasonable. One large chunk = having to face the addiction. Ain't gonna happen!! :)

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this is a champagne stash if I ever saw one - beautiful, tasty and with total class! Lovely.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I WANT YOUR LORNA'S LACES.

Wow. I've seen a lot of stashes these past few days but that is the most LL sock yarn I've seen in one place...

12:52 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Well, thank you Purrl! I wish I could say that all of it was carefully selected, but at least some of it ended up with me as the direct result of one or two yarn buying frenzies.....

Monkeemaven - so I shouldn't tell you about the extra LL I just ordered from Kpixie???

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great stash (yes, a week later I'm still working my way through the list of FYS participants, but I'm glad I stopped by to see yours).

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your blog, love your stash! love your kitty. Happy knitting...

Ali

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home