Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, March 27, 2006

On the Generosity of Bloggers

Happy Birthday to meeeeeeee!

Now that that's out of the way: wow. Seriously. I got two packages delivered on Friday: one from Mrspao and one from Chris. Chris sent me a HUGE package for our Easter Yarn Swap project - yarn, music, knitting murder mystery books, chocolate, more chocolate, Burt's Bees cuticle stuff.....it was just incredible. I can't believe how generous you've been, Chris!!

The other package from mrspao contained two picture books (Six Dinner Sid is my new hero), chocolate (not actually in existence any more - *burp*) and three pink packages that I was forbidden to open until this morning. You have NO IDEA how hard it was to wait. I got a rose bath milk (which smells just divine), and two unbelievably pretty skeins of sock yarn.

I will photograph and post all of this bounty tomorrow - I'm still recovering from our weekend away, and there is a LOT of loot to be captured on camera!

The weekend away was lovely - lots of girl time with K, who is just gorgeous and who would look even more gorgeous with that tattoo we were talking about - a facial and massage, breakfasts, and a long delicious (slightly) drunken dinner at Lake House restaurant. K taught me to play Mahjong. I am HOOKED. I'm going looking for a set for myself this week!

I also needed recovery time from Friday - some lovely person bought me a beer at lunch, so I was all warm and fuzzy, and then my departing colleague and I went into our staff breakout area and I tasted absinthe for the first time. We had no water, sugar, etc, and the only glasses we could find were polystyrene cups. I loved it, it was amazing! Doing shots of absinthe in the staff lunch lounge on a Friday afternoon will be a treasured memory. Course, that meant I was fairly mellow for the long drive up to Daylesford.....

Good thing for the day: It's my birthday! Wooooo! Dave gave me a Nightmare Before Christmas watch and is currently out buying ingredients so he can make me my favourite breakfast.

Bad thing for the day: I wish I had the photos ready to show you the amazing gifts I've received - I just can't get across to you what beautiful presents I got, and how lucky and happy and loved it made me feel!

10 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Is this "real," brain destroying absinthe? Or something with the same name but fewer dangerous properties?!

I'm glad you liked the package!! Happy Birthday. Try not to kill too many brain cells at work. ;)

8:47 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Oh, this was the real stuff. Two very small shots and I was mellow for several hours! Not out if it, but gently happy. It tastes vile, but strangely after the first shot, you don't really care....

8:57 AM  
Blogger Ainsley said...

Go Peevish - It's your birthday!

Happy Birthday and HUGS! (Meat space hugs to follow on Thursday.)

9:33 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

I remember a lot of drinking going on during lunch hour back there ;-) but since it was your birthday ...

Happy Birthday!

9:58 AM  
Blogger chocolatetrudi said...

hippo birdy two ewes
hippo birdy two ewes
hippo birdy deer peevish
hippo birdy two ewes

11:53 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Happy Birthday!

I have the Other Yarn.

Have you finished the Cedar creek sock yet?

7:18 PM  
Blogger pao said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!! pao also sends you happy birthday wishes!!!

I'm so glad you liked your presents. I think I'd better send your Easter package soon so you can have more chocolate.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

Happy Birthday! Where's the cake? I brought the strippers. ;)

3:57 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

It's your birthday? Happy Birthday! You got some great things ;o)

All I can offer is the mental image of these two cats singing badly.. they don't really know this 'Happy Birthday' song, but they'll try!

4:33 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you recovered from your weekend.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home