Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Nine And a Half Repeats

Nine and a half repeats down, a heckuva lot to go. But at least I have an expert consultant...

Look, I'm telling you, I'm across this project, Mum! I've factored in the differentials and written up a proactive forward looking....Hey, stop taking pictures while I'm strategising!

You should have seen the look on her face when I insisted on removing her from the knitting. She'd fallen fast asleep on it and she was NOT impressed.

I'm really enjoying knitting this thing. I was a bit daunted by the number of repeats I had to do: 23!!! (or possibly 27 - I've put the book down somewhere). But I'm cruising along happily with this - I love the way the colours are working out, and it's simple enough to be relaxing without being so simple it's mindnumbing. And purple is always good. You know it.

I think I've caught mrspao's blues.....I'm tired, and feeling icky, and I can't find a book I want to read, and the real kicker? I have money to spend this week (having finally paid off the STR sock club debt of DOOOOOM), and I can't find any yarn I like enough to make the effort to buy. Also, I'm looking forward to working late tomorrow. When I include certain other factors, it becomes clear that I'm heading for one of my funky little depressions. Crap.

Good thing for the day: Chris' 100 things meme. I learnt some interesting stuff - Basic Training???? I am SO impressed! I may do one of these for myself if I can think of 100 interesting facts!

Bad thing for the day: I wanna go visit mrspao so we can sit on the couch and cuddle her cats and eat chocolate and sulk together. But I can't. Poop.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, amazing progress you've done!
Isn't it a scream how cats always hang around our knitted items? I also always have a hard time shoving mine off - without her untangling everything I knitted, of course :)
Have a lot of fun with spending your money - I'd take a bet that you're going to find the perfect yarn soon! Enjoy!

9:31 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

*hug*
Glad you liked the list! I was really daunted by it, too - I started to drag a little notebook around and jot down ideas. Once I got going, it was not bad at all. I did the list in a text editor that kept track of the number of lines, then cut and pasted it into blogger and applied the line numbers. I'm thinking doing it in blogger would've led me to desperate measures of some sort...

She is SUCH a pretty cat! Maybe you should just give her the shawl, as it's so flattering to her. ;)

Hope both you and mrspao feel better soon. I leave you with these words of wisdom: "Here, take a cookie. I promise, by the time you're done eating it, you'll feel right as rain."

11:59 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

1st: You should make a list too!
2nd: Have you read any of these?

* The Secret Life Of Bees
* The Horse Goddess (Awful title, great book)
* The Alchemist

3:53 AM  
Blogger eliza said...

My cat loves both my knitting and my lap. Everytime I try to move her, she turns into a drama queen and makes a huge fuss. Sometimes I give in and let her stay a minute longer. I'm a big sucker.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I can only imagine the look she dealt you.

Aw, poor peeve and mrspao. I hate the red meanies. Maybe just wallow in it? Sometimes the only thing to do is give in for a bit.

Can't find any yarn you like enough to buy????? It's worse than I thought.

Here. Have a cadbury egg.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Hmmm.... list, huh? Now, if I can only think of 100 things that don't involve me being freaky or stupid......

:)

7:43 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

You can do it! Once you get started, it takes on a life of its own. Your KiKASs pal did one today.

Hey, check out the fun fleece and cat picture in this post.

8:56 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Yay! Good work - keep going. But you don't need an excuse to come and sit on my couch and cuddle my cats. Just get over here!

12:30 AM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

If it makes you feel any better.. you're totally KIKing my ASS if you get my drift. :~)

2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home