Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, March 13, 2006

Sunny, Sandy, Surfy, Slacker Sorrento

The view from the deck of the house we stayed at. I spent quite some time out here in the shade, with the cool breeze blowing. And that little orange thing on the table? My first EVER toe up sock! I grabbed my dpns, my new LL's in Flames, and printed out Wendy's fantastic toe-up sock pattern. I have been scared of trying this technique, but this went swimmingly, and I think I may be hooked.

The shallows on the foreshore at Sorrento. Pretty!

And while we were paddling, this friendly chap bounced into the shallows to say hello!

This is the view from our table at the restaurant we went to for dinner on Saturday night. SO pretty. Although if you ever do eat at a certain seaside restaurant in Sorrento? Avoid the waitress with the pink headband. They hired her purely for her looks.

So, all up, it was a very nice, very relaxing weekend. We walked, we went out for breakfasts, we inspected more crappy tourist-oriented artwork than I can count, we went out for dinner, and we played SongStar. This was way more fun than I'd hoped, especially since I didn't take the precaution of getting drunk first.

We're home now - today is a public holiday here (THANK ALL THE GODS), and I'm catching up on my blogging, and I've picked up the Kikass shawl again. Check out the funky Kikass button on my sidebar! Thanks so much mrspao!!

Ooooh, that's enough effort for now.

Good thing for the day: the hot weather broke last night, it's raining, the cats have forgiven us for going away, and i have a whole day to knit and surf blogs.
Bad thing for the day: It's....shall we say... my moontime, and there is no chocolate in the house.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Wait, I thought you were saving that bag of candy-coated mini-Hershey's kisses for just this time???

Looks like a lovely break... ah, water and sunshine...

10:03 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Ummm... yeah.... the mini-Hersheys didn't make it this far. Did you really think they would???

10:23 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Ah, the sadness of returning from a fabulous holiday to house without chocolate. The pics look great! So serene looking. I'll take your travel tips under advisement, no pink headbanded waitress.

Oh, and of course I watch(ed) Firefly! I watched when premiered on FOX (and not just because I've loved Nathon Fillion ever since he was Joey on One Life to Live) and prayed that it would get renewed. Ha. Cancelled. I had to buy the DVD's to watch the 3 unaired episodes. I haven't seen the movie, but only because I found out what happens and as long as I don't see it, I can pretend like it didn't.

So what are you going to make out of the Lorna Laces Flames? I covet that yarn.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Heh, you should be at my house. I have a chocolate drawer. :) Jeanne didn't know I had it and detected it by scent. Jeanne has mad chocolate skillz.

1:57 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

I thought Daves were slaves to your every whim? Then again, your local milkbar is hopeless - it isn't open at normal hours.... sounds like a lovely weekend. :-) And I've got an even easier cast on for a toe up sock! Honest!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Markone plays the mumba...listen to the radio.
Don't you remember?
we built this city!
We built this city on
ROCK
AND
ROLL!

9:27 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

oh oh better send you package 2 then :)

12:33 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

Gorgeous! *Sigh* You're making me realize I need a vacation. And Chris, a chocolate DRAWER? Is it in a chocolate DESK? ;)

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home