Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Thursday, March 09, 2006

In Which I Did NOT Buy Yarn - Not Even Technically!

Lorna's Laces in Flames - I swapped one of my skeins of STR to Yarnivorous for these. I am doubly glad I did, now that I have joined Project Spectrum!

I also swapped for two balls of white Patonyle sock yarn - I want to try stripy socks in mauve and grey for the lovely L (otherwise known as the spinning wheel fairy. You know who you are).

The object under the sock yarn is a hat/chemo cap Lynne made for me to give to my colleague - the 50% chance she will keep her hair through this chemo turned out to be a bad bet. This hat (not pictured separately cause my camera skills are.. well... crap) is a beautiful dark red with grey underlying it, and it is just about the softest thing I've ever felt! It's gorgeous - thanks Yarnivorous!

In knitting news, I think we've settled on a name for this duel of the aran shawls:

KIKASS. Standing for: Kelly Incites Kellie: Aran Shawl Showdown. The lovely mrspao has offered to make us a button. Chris has suggested duelling banjos as our theme music. Dave has asked plaintively whether I will be knitting the whole time we're down in Sorrento this weekend. Of course I won't! Probably. But I'm not sure who'd be brave enough to stop me, either......

Speaking of which, I am posting the Freaky Friday Link a day early, as we'll be leaving more or less straight from work tomorrow afternoon to head down and make the most of the long weekend. Also to try and battle through the Traffic From Hell caused by the (apparently arbitrary) closing off major roads to facilitate the Commonwealth Games which start here next week. Bastards. The Games haven't even started yet and there is some serious road rage building out there! Purplexity has graciously agreed to feed the kitties while we're away.

Good thing for the day: Craft Night. I patted Gibbering's kitties, fed Angus a french fry, swapped yarn with Lynne, and gossiped. Excellent. I even got a cup of tea.

Bad thing for the day: I won't be posting for the next few days!! But I will be taking the camera with me. See you all soon!

8 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Have a lovely break!! Oh, come on, you're going to knit, because what if you fall behind because you don't? You know that Kelly also knit a shawl in 16 days for the Knitting Olympics.

Whoa, that Freaky Friday link is weird. MCHammer with free blogspot blog?!

12:35 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Great name! Have a good time, and put KIKASS down every once in awhile to enjoy your weekend.

Aww, petting kitties. Yum, french fries. Can't. Buy. Anything. I have potatos though. How hard can french fries be to make?

I'll miss you! Have a good time.

3:34 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I covet that Lorna Laces Flame yarn too.

3:36 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

So you need to go and KiKAss on your break, hmmm...

5:17 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Aww shucks you guys!

6:17 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Enjoy the weekend! You kikass but you also do some walks and some beach!
(And I am posting this at 7:25 cos my sleepin? Ha! Woke up at 7am, and then at 7:15 this middle eastern bloke rang from overseas....sigh THey think we've stolen their rellos number..)

7:27 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

beautiful yarn and great swap!

very nice about the gift of the hat for your colleague!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Ainsley said...

I fed them... they were so well fed. I even patted two of them! The ones that came in for a pat.

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home