Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Sunday, January 22, 2006

And Finally - Meiko and a Meme

This is a terrible picture, but this is our year old kitten Meiko reclining on the mantlepiece. She likes it up there. It gives her maximum opportunity to pounce on unsuspecting cats from a great height. Of course, it does tend to spoil the surprise when she lets loose with a Merrrrrrp just before she pounces. We figure the other two cats must really love her or they'd have killed her by now.

And a meme! Yarnivorous has tagged me! My first meme... Awwww.....

Four jobs you have had in your life:

1) -
Betting data entry person at a racecourse. NEVER again. If I want to get sworn at by drunk people, I have friends who will do it for me...

2) - Answering phones for a company who had mainly shut down over the summer. I had nothing to do except read my book and answer phones three or four times a day.

3) - Team supervisor at Evil Insurance Company - I supervised sixteen people on a daily basis and worked on a multi million dollar project which my boss subsequently got an award for. Nuff said.

4) - Current job - administrator for a state government department regulating training organisations. I like my current job!

Four movies you could watch over and over:

1) -
Resident Evil/Resident Evil Apocalypse. I love me some butt-kicking Mila Jovavich.

2) - Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Johnny Depp in velvet. Yum.

3) - Matrix.

4) - Titanic. Kate Winslet...... Sigh.....

Four places you have lived:

1) -
Ferntree Gully, Victoria, Australia - where I was born.

2) - Clayton, Victoria - my first shared student household. Amazingly, we're all still friends.

3) - East Oakleigh, Victoria

4) - Oakleigh, Victoria

Four TV Shows you love to watch:

1) -
House

2) - Black Books

3) - Law and Order SVU

4) - Law and Order Criminal Intent

Four Places you have been on vacation:

1) -
USA - California - My mother won a contest and bravely sent me (19) and my sister (17) to San Diego by ourselves for a week.

2) - England - LOVED it. Want desparately to go back.

3) - Italy - Sooo beautiful but sooo polluted!

4) - Japan - with two girlfriends. It was a total blast, and I hope to back there one day.

Four Websites you visit daily:

1) -
The Age

2) - Crazy Aunt Purl

3) - Stumbling Over Chaos

4) - KPixie

Four of your Favourite Foods:

1) -
Sushi (I'm a somewhat lapsed vegetarian)

2) - My own home cooked vegie lasagne. It kicks butt, if I do say so myself.

3) - Fish N Chips

4) - Grapes

Four places you'd rather be right now:

1) -
Somewhere NOT HOT.

2) - In a bookshop.

3) - In a yarn store.

4) - At the beach, which is where I'm going as soon as I finish this post.

Four bloggers I am tagging:

None. I am the last person I know to do this meme.


6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I'm honored to be on your daily visits!! And hey, feel free to drop by and cool off - it's warm here in Minnesota for winter... Right now it's 29F, which is what, approximately -2C?

I am pretending that KPixie doesn't exist until Stashalong is over... :)

9:48 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hey, ages ago you asked about what yarn I had used for the purplish socks in my circle o' socks picture. I was looking for something else and I found the ball band. :)

That pair was made from Kathleen Hughes Hand-Dyed Originals (worsted weight). You can see some of her yarn here (altho it's not the same as what I had).

10:58 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Oooh! I need another link to hand dyed sock yarn! Oh, wait, I already have some.... what the heck! You can never have too much sock yarn!

I dream of 29F!

I cannot keep away from KPixie. I suspect they own part of my soul.

12:02 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

House and L&O CI are two of my faves. I've never heard of Black Books. Australian? I thought we imported all your shows.

The cats are adorable. I especially love the pic of Lulu napping with Dave. Did one get a more restful nap than the other?

Welcome to getting your own blog!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Hi Carrie!

I love my Law & Order CI, but we only have the first two seasons over here - but as soon as new seasons hit Amazon, I'm there!

Black Books is actually an English series about a drunken Irish bookshop owner named Bernard Black, his assistant Manny and his psyco friend Fran. Well worth a look!

And I think Lulu got the best nap - Dave was too scared of dislodging her!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I imagine one day we'll make up a bad version of it here in the States then. We always seem to. It can't be Stacked w/Pamela Anderson Lee, can it? No, I'm kidding.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home