Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Friday, February 10, 2006

Freaky Friday


This is Meiko dashing in to say hello - I often peer out the window to see how they're doing in the cat run, or to see if there are randomly any stray cats around that I could pat/feed/adopt - as soon as Meiko sees my face in the window, she comes pelting inside, merrp-ing and chirruping to say hello. So sweet!

I got some yarn delivered last night, but you'll have to wait until tomorrow for photos - I was too tired when I got home to do anything but slump in front of the computer for a while and go to bed. I was tired because I ducked out from work yesterday morning to buy Dave's Valentine's Day present - a book on saxophone technique he's been wanting. One store in the city had it and they were holding it for me, so off I went. The second I stepped out the door, it started bucketing rain. And of course I have no umbrella, because that would be organised. And therefore wrong. So within a minute I'm absolutely soaked to the skin. But I kept going. At one point a gentleman took pity on me waiting at the lights, and insisted on sharing his umbrella with me until we went different ways. Excellent - the knowledge that you look so pathetic that strangers take pity on you. So good for the self esteem. I got the book and splashed my way back to the office. Dave has promised to love the present on the understanding that if he doesn't I get to shove it up his nose.

And in the interests of it being Freaky Friday, check out this link - although it's more funny than freaky. But it's freaky in its own special way.....

Good thing for the day: It's Friday.
Bad thing for the day: Holy Shit the Knitting Olympics Start TODAY!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

The time/date thing just kills me! It's 2:20 pm on THURSDAY here. Wow.

Hi Meiko!! I love chatty kitties.

Bummer about the rain storm. Here, it's 21F (-7C) with semi-blizzard conditions. Guess who should've bought new tires?!

7:27 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Not today here. It's barely noon. Well, okay it's 1pm but still. Thursday.

That link is more disturbing than anything. The things people do.

It's beautiful here today, but who cares? I'm locked in an office building and you're time zones away.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Speaking of disturbing...

Follow the link in this blog entry and prepare to be, well, disturbed.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Oh, dear Lord..... I have to post this.

1:52 PM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

That is a great picture! Meiko is such a pretty kitty ;o)

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home