Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Thursday, February 09, 2006

A Cat Picture For No Reason


Dorian's determined to catch that black miscreant if he comes near our garden beds again..... He was very worked up after that incident, and made the mistake of trying to bully Lulu. She smacked him with her awesome right hook, boxed his ears and chased him out of the room. Normally he wouldn't try this with Lulu, having previous experience with the aforesaid right hook, and as long as he doesn't actually challenge her he can keep kidding himself that he's the dominant one. Yeah, right.

In knitting news: I did something last night that I have never done before - I swatched. Yes, I am so serious about this whole Knitting Olympics thing that I carefully wound my yarn (and doesn't a big skein of laceweight take a heckuva long time???), swatched, and got a near-enough gauge. I figure it's a shawl - gauge doesn't need to be spot on, and there's always the magic of blocking. This is going to be a challenge - I've never knit a laceweight shawl before, and this pattern is a complex one!

Good thing for the day: I'm sending a package to the UK!
Bad thing for the day: There isn't one.... yet.

8 Comments:

Blogger Carrie K said...

Good luck, Dorian! I think he should just try to get some of the catnip.

Swatched? You go, girl!

7:19 AM  
Blogger Brooklyn Handspun said...

Keep the kitty pics coming! They really cheer up my day. Ohh swatching...impressive I don't think I have ever done a swatch...but then again I haven't knit many things that need a swatch...yet.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Carrie - when Dorian gets into the catnip, he lies around stoned for the rest of the evening. Perhaps he could take the catnip mousie to the window to taunt the other cat with?

And, yarnpusherformerlyknownasbrooklynhandspun, as long as I have three cats, a camera, and a blog, there will be no end to the cat pictures!

Oh, and I have to admit that the swatch, while definitely a swatch, was pretty... perfunctory. Knit, knit, knit... eh, that looks about right, I'm sure it'll be fine. Famous last words.

8:10 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

My comment has disappeared so I'm posting another! That is a gorgeous shawl and I am totally in awe of you and your knitting skills.

Thanks for the info on socks - I'll be looking at that site!

Hope Dorian is feeling himself again soon!

9:26 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, that's some Olympic project, Peeve!

*insert picture of Chris with mouth agape here*

You get 'em, Dorian!!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ok - the Knitting Olympics Drinking Game...

10:10 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

I love it! But I'm not sure my system can hold that much alcohol....

10:12 AM  
Blogger citizen student said...

i think your kitty is beautiful...

:D

2:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home