Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

In Which The Universe Pats Me on The Head and Says Well Done Peeve!

This is the second (not sure, as I never received the first) installment of Hipknits sock yarn from their sock club. Pretty. Particularly as this is a colourway I wouldn't normally try!

And my prize!! I entered a contest over at For My Next Project, and I won! I really really like this colourway - and the maple candy was pretty good, too... *burp*

There was also a note in the prize package stating that the Australian Customs people had removed an 85g bag of cat treats from the package and if I cared to pay them $42 they'd send it back overseas - or else they'd DESTROY IT (giving me a mental picture of biohazard suited quarantine officials taking it to a remote area of the Outback and detonating it so as to destroy all possibility of it SPREADING ITS EVIL). So, I'm going to let them. The above picture contains Lulu butt as a protest against such wanton destruction of Stuff She Could Have Eaten.

I also got a delivery of yarn I ordered in my holiday splurge-a-thon - I wasn't expecting this package for a couple of weeks, as I opted for the cheapest possible postage, but it turned up just a week after I ordered it! Pictures tomorrow.

I am halfway through chart 2 of the Sky Seraphim. Pictures later. Probably. Depends on whether I can coordinate me, the knitting and the camera all being in the same room with a fully charged camera battery. It could happen.

Day three of Not Hating Myself. It's going reasonably well overall - I had an okay day, felt like I was back up to speed in a team meeting yesterday, and instead of going straight home tonight we stopped at a park and lay in the sun and talked for a while. It was nice. I keep thinking something must be drastically wrong because while I'm not totally stress free ( I am not, after all, a game show host), I do feel a lot calmer and occasionally even relaxed. It takes constant vigilance though, to try not to fall back into the old thought patterns!

For example, it's my job to make sure the house is reasonably tidy so the cleaner can actually get to the carpet tomorrow. Normally, I would be stressing about this, which would inevitably lead to me despising myself for not doing more housework and being a pathetic failure (hey, my logic chains are a little... casual.... sometimes, okay?). Instead, I'm blogging, and knitting, and looking forward to finishing my book, and all I had to do was look around and say "You know, there's not actually much to be done to clear the decks. It'll take five minutes, I'll feel better afterwards, and good lord, I'm hardly the first woman in the world to hate housework!!"

*yawn*

Eh, maybe I'll just do my tidying and go to bed....

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Hipknits sock yarn is very tempting!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hmm, one wonders why the cat treats were more dangerous than the maple candy..... That looks like a fun colorway of Trekking! Heh, did you see what Lynne did to her HipKnits yarn?! :)

My psychiatrist wrote a book called The Chemistry of Joy that is on my to-read stack. It takes a more holistic look at chasing away the SDM... altho it sounds like you have him at bay!

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Lulu. I can only imagine the horror of not getting Stuff She Could Have Eaten.

Congrats on Day 3!

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting through three days! It sounds like things when much better than "okay".

Poor Lulu. Just how dangerous can cat treats be?

8:59 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Heh. You wanna see the house of someone who hates housework?
Here's hoping you can keep on maintaining these better thought patterns :-)
Your hip knits sock club yarn is a lot blacker than mine was (see my blog for the whoopsy it had)

9:26 AM  
Blogger chocolatetrudi said...

I rarely feel guilty about not doing housework. But that's because my ex turned me into a neurotic ultra-stressed cleaning freak. When we broke up I decided the only path to sanity was to rediscover my inner slob.

And I'm doing quite well lately, I'm proud to say.

9:30 AM  
Blogger knightlyknitter.wordpress.com said...

Oh how I miss my cleaner!! It took a while to get used to sitting around doing other stuff while she did the cleaning, but it's taking a whole lot longer to doing it all by myself again :P We will not mention the state of the kitchen floor...
Good on you for days 1, 2 and 3, and the stop in the park sounds great!!

10:45 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Blogger wasn't playing nice yesterday. I just wanted to send you big hugs and tell you not to look too closely at the cobwebs and dust bunnies if you come to visit me.

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cat's treats are being eaten by the customs office cats. I know this, because the tea I sent my friend H in Sydney is being enjoyed, I'm sure, by the customs officers! There was no citrus in it, and I've sent tea before...it seems to depend on who is working that shift. :)

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home