Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Actual. Knitting. Content!!

This is the start of another Seraphim shawl in Marta's 2ply held double. This is knitting up beautifully - the blues are fading in and out of sky blue randomly. This is going to be a very beautiful shawl - this is going to a friend's mother. Hope she likes a lot of blue!

Another gift for my friend's mum - It's from the Knitters best shawls and scarves book - I think it's called Midwest and Moonlight or something? I'm knitting this one in the Debbie Bliss DK Cashmerino. So. Soft.

And this. This is nothing short of glorious. We went to Marta's this afternoon (duh) and I found this on the shelves - Marta apparently found it when going through some old stock she had. It's labelled kid mohair, but to me that looks much more like silk. It's dyed all the shades of purple that make life worth living, and I have 400g of this loveliness.

Whatever I make with this Purple Perfection, it will be MINE. I'm not giving this one away!! But, I need suggestions as to a pattern.

So, come on, suggest!

Good thing for the day: Dave went and got his tooth capped today. It's gold. I've started calling him my Bling Bunny.

Bad thing for the day: Headache. Grrr.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

That purple yarn - MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Hope your head feels better. And you MUST get a picture of Mr Bling Tooth!

10:55 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Mmmm purple ... mmmmmmm

10:57 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

That purple is really really nice. It makes me think of flowers. Maybe there is some lace pattern with flowers??

4:34 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

hmm, why not do an Icarus with your yummy purple acquisition? Just a bigger one. I have no idea of the yardage of your purple stuff. Kid mohair if spun flat does look quite silky (not that I would know from spinning mohair that didn't go fuzzy or anything). Does it squeak and scrunch, like gritted teeth, in your hand when you squeeze it tight?
Anyway, I am making a midwest moonlight scarf for my ISE pal. Weird, huh?

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home