Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

In Which Blogger Finally Lets Me Flash My Booby (Prize)

Wow, wow, wow! If this is a booby prize, then call me a booby! Looklook what La sent me! These stitch markers are absolutely gorgeous - did you make them yourself, La?

Pretty sparkly bath things - butterfly soaps, foot soak and a notepad - all perfect for Spring! And the notepad has a magnet for sticking on the fridge - we may yet go shopping with an actual shopping list!

Sheepy cuteness, bright plastic swizzle sticks, and a way cool centipede pen. The pen is SO coming with me to work tomorrow.

CHIBI!!!

And a magnificent set of fridge magnets, which I truly adore - La, are you sure you didn't somehow get a peek at my fridge and its current decorations?? These are exactly my style! I particularly love the one in the middle which says My God, I'm fabulous!

I love my booby prize, thankyou so much!

In other news, thankyou all so much for your comments yesterday. It means a lot to me that I know so many cool people. I am now at the end of day two of trying to like myself better, and I do indeed feel a bit better. It's very very scary, and I'm sure there will be setbacks along the way, but I know I'm doing the right thing. I do see a shrink, and I do take medication, although I have to question why antidepressants are apparently happily allowing me to get depressed all the time...

Perhaps yarn is the only true cure.

Instead of sending myself a bunch of flowers, I decided that sending myself a bunch of sock yarn would be much more effective. I found a lovely online retailer who was happy to let me order a whooooole lot of Socks That Rock and ship them out to Australia for me. Luckily, I happen to know I'm a hussy who will do anything for Socks That Rock. ;)

I'm very tired now, so I'm off to bed - I've just had a blissful dinner with the Astonishingly Gorgeous Miss K, at which we failed to notice the time until we suddenly realised we were the only people left in the restaurant.....

Oh, and the Astonishingly Gorgeous Miss K's mother (aka the Spinning Wheel Fairy); Miss K passed on your message and thankyou so much - I really appreciate it and you! And you should never feel shy about posting a comment to my blog!

:)

Feeling loved tonight!

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Yay, Peeve!! You do sound chipper. :)

Ok, if that's a booby prize, what the hell did she send for the "real" prizes?! WOW.

Oh, SOTR on the way to you - THAT'S a cheering thought.

12:35 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Hooray - glad you sound better. Great booby prize!

5:54 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Oooh, what a booby prize!
I missed yesterday's post until now. I'll have a few things to say about that later. Respecting yourself and liking yourself will help with the depression monster I reckon....
Radiating jealousy - I want STR too!

8:49 AM  
Blogger chocolatetrudi said...

Love the bunch of sock yarn idea. Great to hear your liking-yourself plan is having some success. Keep making eyes at yourself across the room... whenever you chance to look up from sock yarn stash diving.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rae Rocks! I tell ya, she's just awesome! Start with this daily affirmation in your quest for liking yourself, "I DESERVE good sock yarn!" Try it!

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home