Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Friday, September 08, 2006

Friday!

Yes, it is Friday here in chilly Melbourne. I am reluctantly levering myself in to work today, as it is my last day before I have two weeks leave. My poor colleagues are going to forget what I look like! However, we are going out for breakfast on the way in - hopefully a large coffee (or three) will help. I am also bringing in lots of goodies for morning tea - my colleagues have proved eminently bribeable in the past.

What else has been happening? It's hard to write a zippy blogpost when you've spent the last couple of weeks mooching around the house...... I unexpectedly won an auction on ebay the other day and am now the proud owner of 48(!) balls of Cleckheaton Country 8ply (dk). It was really cheap, but that is a heck of a lot of yarn..fortunately, it is all white, so I'm going to have plenty of yarn for playing around with dye! My mum (Hi Mum!) is also keen to help me with this overabundance of yarny goodness. Oh, and Mum? There is no way in HECK/HELL/WHEREVER that you are going to even TRY to give me money for this yarn. Good, I thought we'd get that argument out of the way now. Heh.

I have started a new project - I am knitting the Kimono Shawl from Folk Shawls in beautiful laceweight from Sweet Georgia, in a subtly variegated burgundy colour. So. Soft. I have paused in writing this post no less than twice just to pet it. Pics tomorrow!

Thank you all for your get well soon wishes - and thankyou mrspao for my e-card - it was huge fun!

Oops - make that three times to stop and pet the knitting.

7 Comments:

Blogger yarnivorous said...

Wah-heeey! Two weeks off and 48 balls of white yarn to play with :-) Let me know if I can join int he fun!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Sydney Harper said...

A beautiful shawl, 48 balls of yarn and two weeks leave. That sounds like a good vacation!

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wretched child!! (big sigh)

1:11 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Now, Mum Peeve, I would say that you've got an excellent child there - paying her way and yours perhaps, not living in your back room with her shady mates... Life is good!

Hope you survive your Friday, Peeve - you sound very peppy, which is promising.

1:32 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Well done on winning the auction! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it all :)

Have a lovely holiday - I'm envious as I'm just finishing mine...

9:27 PM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

I'm working on the Kimono Shawl too. I'd jokingly suggest another race but... well... I still haven't finished the pocketed shawl. Hehehe

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun on your two weeks off! It is for fun, right?

Aren't we supposed to stop and pet the yarn?

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home