Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Sunday, September 17, 2006

New Love and an Angry Rant

I got a Chibi!

But this - this is my new true love. Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK. I bought two skeins to make a gift with, and the pattern book because it has some awesome cabled patterns. Four rows into the gift knitting, I was Hooked. It's soft, sproingy, knits up beautifully and has gorgeous stitch definition. And so soft. So very very soft.

Anyhoo, I've been absent, and lazy, possibly one has something to do with the other, who knows? We've been sleeping in, going out for breakfasts, and lazing about.

Not much knitting has been done - well, not much productive knitting, anyway! I've started and frogged at least five things - wrong yarn, wrong needle size, right yarn but wrong pattern, etc etc etc. I even frogged my first attempt at the gift knitting in the seductive Cashmerino DK. But I couldn't stay angry with it for long. I'm now onto version two of the gift knitting and loving it. I also may possible have googled Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK and found a seller on ebay who is selling it really cheap and it is rumoured that temporarily stunned by the cheapness of the yarn and outright lust for the dark purple colour I ordered two bags of it.

You might think that - I couldn't possibly comment.

And now for the angry rant. We got back from a lovely day up at Maryborough (more on that later) to find a possum lying next to our front fence. We discovered it was still alive and wrapped it up in a blanket and took off to the 24 hour emergency animal care centre. It had been hit by a car and its back was broken - they had to put it down. The whole thing took twenty minutes from go to woe, and yes I cried when they said they'd had to put him down. What I want to know is what kind of FUCKTARD hits a small animal and then leaves it on the side of the road to die helpless and in pain??? What kind of CRUEL SHITHEAD does that when there is a 24 hour emergency vet literally ten minutes away?? They don't charge for accidents - particularly to native Australian animals! I really REALLY want to hit someone.

Sigh. I'm going to snuggle up to my Cashmerino DK and let it whisper sweet nothings in my ear.

EDIT: Check this out: What flavour crisps does James Bond eat

8 Comments:

Blogger yarnivorous said...

You got a Chibi! And you spent more of your money in advance.... Of course I am not jealous. OK, so I only got a bag of Country in violent purple for $15 :-)
The person that hit the possum probably didn't even notice they had done it. Never knew it was there... sad for the poss!

6:41 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Grrrr... that story makes me really mad! Thank goodness you were there to help him.

THanks for linking :)

11:23 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Poor little possum! I personally have never been able to pass up an animal in distress. We've rescued many kittens, bunnies and birds over the years. Last week we even stopped and jumped out of our car to help a turtle who was trying to cross a busy road. I didn't want him to get squished! I think people either are the helping type or they are not. I'm trying to raise the kids to be helpers.

3:05 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hissssssssssss to evil maiming drivers... I'm glad that you and Dave put him out of his misery, if nothing else...

Ha! Clever way to do your contest entry there, PeeveGirl!

Do you want any other Chibi colors? The yellow one has (wait for it).... sock sized Chibis......

9:20 AM  
Blogger knittingingrid said...

Poor possum - I'm glad you were able to help him out of his misery. That cashmerino is gorgeous, isn't it? That's the cables I'm doing too (the ribbed cabled cardigan), in the red - yum!

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor possum! Unfeeling callous louts, that's who. (The other I can't say on a public blog).

DB Cashmerino DK! Scrumptious.

11:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor possum! Unfeeling callous louts, that's who. (The other I can't say on a public blog).

DB Cashmerino DK! Scrumptious.

11:47 AM  
Blogger pao said...

Thats awfull what some people will do.

Oh and thanks for the link!

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home