Letters From the Sickroom Volume 3
I'm going to kick off with a meme I found over at reddog knits - 5 unique/weird things about your pets.
1. If you walk into a room where she's asleep, she will immediately chirp, roll over, stretch, and invite you to pat her belly.
2. She is smarter than the other two cats put together (granted, not really that difficult).
3. Before she became an indoor cat, she was a juvenile delinquent - one of our neighbours complained that she dug up their seedlings, knocked over their plant pots and terrified their pet birds by jumping up and swinging back and forth on the bottom of their cage.
4. Her amazing soft fluffiness contrasts well with her Fat Fluffy Paws of Death. She wields these weapons well and is undisputed Queen of the household.
5. She adores the smell of chlorine - I have to rinse my bathing suit immediate and hang it up very high or she'll claw her way into my swim bag to roll around on it.
1. Dorian is the littermate of Gibbering's two oldest cats. All three of them are what you might call 'special' - their mother and father were brother and sister and sometimes you can tell.
2. When we got Dorian we didn't know what to name him - we asked friends for suggestions, and Dorian was very nearly named Devil Cat Lord of Misrule.
3. When he was a kitten he was afraid of grass and wouldn't go near it.
4. Once he got over this fear he was completely fearless - I saw him on more than one occasion bounce up to a huge scarred stray cat and touch noses - the huge stray then proceeded to play with Dorian.
5. He was terrified of guests until he worked out that sometimes they bring BBQ Chicken with them. He will now unashamedly roll around on his back for a tummy rub in order to get attention and possibly some chicken.
1. Meiko drinks water by dipping her paw in the bowl and then licking her paw. We have no idea how she manages to drink enough to stay alive.
2. She's a very talkative cat - she mrrrps and chirps and meows and purrs constantly.
3. When she snuggles up in bed with me for a cuddle, she is irresistably drawn to washing my chin carefully and meticulously.
4. She went through a phase of absolutely adoring playing fetch - she got tired of it before we did, but every now and then she humours us.
5. She loves scaring the hell out of me by throwing herself at the back of my desk chair and climbing up it with a charming sound of rending fabric.
Hee. I want to read more of this meme! Go forth and blog!