Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Letters From the Sickroom Volume 3

Yep, still sick! Getting better, but not quite there yet! I went to work yesterday and lasted a whole three hours before I had to admit defeat and go home again. Sigh. But soon! I will be fully recovered and ready to resume my plot to take over the world.

I'm going to kick off with a meme I found over at reddog knits - 5 unique/weird things about your pets.

Lulu:

1. If you walk into a room where she's asleep, she will immediately chirp, roll over, stretch, and invite you to pat her belly.

2. She is smarter than the other two cats put together (granted, not really that difficult).

3. Before she became an indoor cat, she was a juvenile delinquent - one of our neighbours complained that she dug up their seedlings, knocked over their plant pots and terrified their pet birds by jumping up and swinging back and forth on the bottom of their cage.

4. Her amazing soft fluffiness contrasts well with her Fat Fluffy Paws of Death. She wields these weapons well and is undisputed Queen of the household.

5. She adores the smell of chlorine - I have to rinse my bathing suit immediate and hang it up very high or she'll claw her way into my swim bag to roll around on it.

Dorian:

1. Dorian is the littermate of Gibbering's two oldest cats. All three of them are what you might call 'special' - their mother and father were brother and sister and sometimes you can tell.

2. When we got Dorian we didn't know what to name him - we asked friends for suggestions, and Dorian was very nearly named Devil Cat Lord of Misrule.

3. When he was a kitten he was afraid of grass and wouldn't go near it.

4. Once he got over this fear he was completely fearless - I saw him on more than one occasion bounce up to a huge scarred stray cat and touch noses - the huge stray then proceeded to play with Dorian.

5. He was terrified of guests until he worked out that sometimes they bring BBQ Chicken with them. He will now unashamedly roll around on his back for a tummy rub in order to get attention and possibly some chicken.

Meiko:

1. Meiko drinks water by dipping her paw in the bowl and then licking her paw. We have no idea how she manages to drink enough to stay alive.

2. She's a very talkative cat - she mrrrps and chirps and meows and purrs constantly.

3. When she snuggles up in bed with me for a cuddle, she is irresistably drawn to washing my chin carefully and meticulously.

4. She went through a phase of absolutely adoring playing fetch - she got tired of it before we did, but every now and then she humours us.

5. She loves scaring the hell out of me by throwing herself at the back of my desk chair and climbing up it with a charming sound of rending fabric.

Hee. I want to read more of this meme! Go forth and blog!

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Heh, there's been lots of this meme going around. Chaos propogated quite a bit of it Monday. :)

I love learning all these bits of pet trivia!

Hopefully you are well soon. I have a cold, but no fever, fortunately.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Sydney Harper said...

My gang of five did this meme. It's been fun reading about all the little quirks all the pets have.

It's good to hear that you're getting better. Take care of yourself.!

11:55 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

my napoleon drinks with his paw too!

12:03 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

OK, I have to play too.
Did you see what Chaos does? Licks Chris's armpit! OOOOGH, yuck!
So you are starting to recover? Excellent!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Andi said...

I listed five things about my rambunctious kitty. The other one is shy and quiet and tends to sleep all day in the closet. But she does the dip-and-drink trick sometimes!

4:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Afraid of grass! That's hilarious.

La's kitty does that dip and drink. She put up a video of it.

Must. Do. This. Meme.

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home