Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Vengeful Thoughts

Thank you all for your commiserations! Yes, I had paid for the item - USD$130 in fact. I have lodged a claim with PayPal, but if the seller doesn't respond, you have to wait thirty days to be able to escalate it to the level where PayPal can actually step in and do something. AAAARGGH!

Sigh. It could be much worse - losing that money hurts, but it's not going to blow us out of the water or anything. Possibly I'm more upset at not being able to buy that beautiful yarn!

And knittingingrid? I bought it to make the exact cardigan that you're making - it was the picture of your cardigan that made me go and buy the pattern book!

Maybe we'll win the lottery one day.....

Mrspao has kindly offered to poke the offending seller with knitting needles. I now have a mental image of you sliding around corners of buildings in the dark, dressed all in black, armed with two knitting needles and muttering dark threats..... I like it! :)

La - I think my prize has been delivered to Dave's work, but we're on holidays, so he hasn't been able to pick up any parcels. Selfishly, he refuses to go all the way back into work to see whether any yarn has been delivered. Bastard.

I think I would have taken being scammed better if I hadn't already had a crappy day:
First: appointment with Shrink who insists on using common sense. Sadist.
Second: breakfast at nice cafe. Breakfast was nice until I discovered that there was a big chunk of MUD in my spinach. The dining experience deteriorated quite rapidly after that.
Third: it was HOT. Ten degrees Celsius above the average for this time of year. I. Do. Not. Cope. With. The. Heat. So I was pretty miserable/cranky/sweaty anyway.
Fourth: Setting up my new swift and ballwinder for a test run was fraught with arguments, mistakes, and husbandly interference. The first ball I wound was.....filled with character. Then we discovered that one of the doohickeys was facing in the wrong direction. The second ball is very very neat and pretty.

After discovering the scamming I gave up and went to bed!

Today, however, is bright and sunny and not hot. We are venturing out to Coburg to visit the Yarn Barn, where I understand there is much yarn. There will be lunch at a cafe we don't get to very often. And Dorian has just levered himself onto my lap, shoved his little face into my belly with a sigh of contentment, and is dribbling with ecstacy while having his neck scratched.

Oh all right, the world doesn't completely suck after all! Happy now?

6 Comments:

Blogger yarnivorous said...

Grr. rotten ebayers.
Yes, yesterday was stinkking hot. I didn't enjoy it, especially since I was at the Cranbourne bot gardens trying not to be blown away.
Oooh, Yarn Barn! I want to go there but I have to stay away. They have some nice yarns, but better dyed tops...

9:28 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Good grief - 10C warmer than normal probably equates to 30F! You poor thing... What you need is a good sock theatening. I hope you have a candidate!

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honestly! I can't believe he won't do that little thing for you.

Grr on that vicious scam. It's not the money.....it's the yarn. That's just gratuitous cruelty on top on theft.

3:43 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

I'll get my ninja outfit ready - better knit myself a balaklava while I'm at it.

Dorian is gorgeous.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Pearls Mother said...

a happy, dribbling kitty makes everything better!
Lindy

11:43 PM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

Ouch, that sucks about the yarn. Just make sure you follow through with getting your money back.

It's not spinach that's from the US is it? Cause we've got 114 cases of E.Coli linked to spinach here.

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home