Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Yesterday's News

This is the shot I meant to post yesterday! Ain't it pretty? I love the way the variegation in the yarn gives it those subtle stripes. It gets handed over to Gibbering tonight - I may even be able to get a modelled shot!

I love variegated yarns. Especially for socks. Which will be news to all and sundry, I'm sure. Heh. I love watching what the yarn is doing with the pattern - I've never even tried to make two socks match exactly, or to stop the pooling or flashing - it's all good. I've never been tremendously fond of matching socks full stop, so socks which are made from the same yarn but have different looks because of the way the yarn has behaved are just perfect.

Anyhoo, best get off to work nice and early this morning - I have to leave early to accompany poor Dave to his final root canal appointment.

Good thing for the day: I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in weeks. It felt gooooood. And let's face it, you can never be too red or too sweaty! Urgh.

Bad thing for the day: I forgot to take a photo of my new lusciously gorgeous laceweight I bought on E-Bay The Devourer of Credit Cards, so you'll just have to wait til tomorrow....

8 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Have you ever tried a Landscape Shawl? It's wonderful for variegated yarns; really shows them to their advantage and incredibly simple. I really do like the Faroese! Gorgeous!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Laceweight.... you tease.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Woo-hoo!! The gym! Yay, you!

I try to avoid ebay. Too dangerous.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Sydney Harper said...

I try to avoid eBay too, so I have to satisfy myself with everyone elses purchases. :)

That pattern and yarn go really well together.

1:09 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Great Shawl!

I'm so glad you made it to the gym. When I'm off I'm thinking of joining the pool again :)

2:25 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Pretty!

I did a tape Monday and Tuesday. Not so much yesterday or today.

5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wore it in today. it kept my neck nice and warm! hooray!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

Damn girl! You're a shawl machine! I bow down to the greatness of you and your needles. Inspire me, shawl-Yoda.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home