Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Saturday, July 29, 2006

More Books & a Project Spectrum Pic

These pics are for the Knit Wit, who shares my love of beautiful old books. The above is the front cover of an 1899 copy of Peg Woffington by Charles Reade, illustrated by Hugh Thomson. Another ebay bargain - I don't know what the butterflies have to do with the story, but they are pretty!

This fellow is the original Captain Hook on the spine of a 1911 copy of Peter and Wendy, by JM Barrie. Another ebay find!

And the cover of the above book - soooo pretty!

And finally, my favourite flowers, which fit beautifully with this month's Project Spectrum: violets. They smell gorgeous. Dave bought them for me this morning, cause he knows how much I love them!

I am feeling somewhat better today - I took a drowsy antihistamene before I went to bed last night, and slept for around eleven hours.

On the knitting front, momentous happenings are afoot. I am on the point of frogging every single work-in-progress I have, and sticking to one project at a time. I have so many projects on the go that I am finding it overwhelming, and I don't want to work on any of them. Knitting should be a pleasure, not an obligation!

What do you guys think?

6 Comments:

Blogger Sydney Harper said...

Nice books - and violets! I knit best when I have two projects. If I have more than that, it feels like I make no progress. Hope you get over whatever crud you have soon.

3:54 PM  
Blogger renee said...

I wouldn't rip out your work. If it's too much, I'd pack some of the unfinished projects in a box or closet for finishing later.

Normally, I have three things going regularly and I just rotate between projects each day. That way I never get sick of any one project, but I still make progress.

4:19 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

I agree with Renee.

I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Dave is such a wonderful hubby to buy you violets. They are utterly gorgeous.

Those books - dribble....

5:03 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Do not frog any WIP's that you want to become FO's. Frog the ones that you're stalling on finishing them because......well, because the love is gone and it's doubtful it'll ever be back or you realize are really just big swatches. Possibly with sleeves.

Gorgeous books.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, lovely books! And the violets are wonderful - how thoughtful of Dave!

I wouldn't rip out all of them. Assess them first. Some of them probably deserve to be ripped. Some probably don't!

10:01 AM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

*DROOL* Peter and Wendy... must steal...

Very cool books. I am officially jealous.

Wow, you're frogging all your work? I would just put them away and work on them one at a time.

12:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home