Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, August 14, 2006

A Grey Thing

Behold the trembling awakenings of my next project!

Behold also the yarn from which it shall be created!

I've just started a shawl on 2.5mm needles using 2ply laceweight yarn. And I'm really enjoying it. Possibly a heretofore undiscovered character flaw. But it's so soft! And the little stitches are so cute! And I seem to be finding the miles and miles of garter stitch very soothing at the moment. Urge to kill fading.....

We just watched the first episode of season four of Wire in the Blood. Mmmm... Robson Green.....

And I got to order yarn! Yarn for a present for a friend! So it didn't count! Did it?! DID IT?! Heh, I thought not.

Oooh, and I must apologise to my lovely contest winner - I went to post your prize today at lunchtime, and I cunningly took the piece of paper with my work hours for the last two weeks on it rather than, oh, let's say, the paper with your mailing address on it. But I will post it tomorrow! I promise!

Thank you all for your lovely comments on yesterday's post. I wasn't fishing for compliments ( I don't do compliments well - I tend to either pretend I haven't heard them or immediately flatly deny whatever it is I'm being complimented on), but it it really really warmed my heart and cheered me up immensely to hear from you all. Must. Resist. Using "Y'all". In. Blog. As. I. Am. Not. American.

But. I love y'all! So there!

Good thing for the day: My lovely soft knitting and my lovely soft cats and my lovely wasp-free underwear.

Bad thing for the day: I wish I could stay up all night and knit. Sigh.

4 Comments:

Blogger mrspao said...

Beautiful knitted loveliness! It makes me think of Dorian for some reason :)

5:19 AM  
Blogger Ainsley said...

Cute little stitches have a way of getting to a girl.

So soft and grey, I also thought of Dorian.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Y'all y'all y'all!! :)

Wasp-free underwear has got to be one of the best things ever. Really. I'm appreciating it and I've never experienced the other!

There's definitely something to be said for the simple project - Zen?

1:22 PM  
Blogger Sydney Harper said...

Hey, I'm in the southeast US. Saying y'all is almost mandatory. LOL!

The yarn is lovely and there's something to be said for miles of garter stitch.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home