Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Pretty Things

Laceweight extravaganza. Well, two cakes of laceweight. But pretty!

The one on the left is a beautiful soft blend of greens, pinks, and purples. The one on the right is a gorgeous deep dark pink - almost too deep to be called pink, really. The one on the left I don't have a project in mind for yet, and the one on the right is slated for the project after the next project.

That was a good and thorough description of two cakes of yarn that you can obviously see for yourselves because I posted pictures of them.

I was thinking last night - but not too loudly cause Dave was watching basketball - that basketball has been responsible for possibly the most embarrassing thing I've ever said in public. We were at a game in Melbourne (I forget who was playing. I was there strictly as companion to my beloved, who in all fairness has been to more yarn shops than I have been to basketball games) and I remarked (possibly a teeny bit too loudly) while watching the half time show that "If they had one more cheerleader they could spell out JAILBAIT!" Yep. Intelligent commentary, that's me.

Which is why the other night I refrained from commenting on some of the stupid things the commentators were saying, like "I think he was looking for a user friendly roll there.." (Repressed comment was: "Aren't we all!") and "And he's used his left hand - so very soft, just amazing!" (Repressed comment was: A fit of juvenile giggles.)

These things are only a few of the reasons why I am constantly amazed when people mistake me for a grownup.

Good thing for the day: Enjoying knitting my Dorian shawl. I figure it's about two thirds complete!

Bad thing for the day: Another enchanting opportunity to fight to stay awake during a bimonthly conference/session thingy.

P.S - EMMA! Get back to work or I'll dob!

7 Comments:

Blogger Sydney Harper said...

Oh nice yarn! I'm really fond on the one of the right.

Meetings... blech!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Ainsley said...

Ooooh.

(I think that covers it.)

4:16 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

I'm actually starting to like meetings as they give me an opportunity to plan reports and stuff whilst looking like I'm concentrating and writing notes.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't read blogspot at work anyway!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Really nice yarn!

I love to go to the movies with a particular friend, but we try to go after a movie's been out for a couple of weeks or during a matinee so that there won't be too many people to hate us too much when we make snide/cynical comments. I would have totally laughed aloud at the Jailbait commentary!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Pretty pretty!

Hee hee - I would definitely enjoy your commentary.

What is "dob"??

12:34 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Pretty yarn!

Yeah, what is "dob"?

Meetings are evil. Basketball possibly is too, but definitely come sit by me. We can trade juvenile commentary and barbs & it might be entertaining for a change.

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home