Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Friday, August 18, 2006

Laceweight Friday

This is the place from which I purchased this gently variegated loveliness....

SO PRETTY. The colour variegations are really slow and subtle, so I think it'll work really well for a lace project. It's much finer than I usually use, so I'll have to think long and hard about pattern and needle size. But - pretty!

In the meantime, I'll just continue to take it out and fondle it every now and then. It's very soft. Mmm.... soft.....

Well, short post from me today - off to work. Short day - I'm having lunch with E and her son N.

Good thing for the day: It's Friday!!!!
Bad thing for the day: Ummm...... none yet? I don't want to say that too loud in case the Depression Monster hears!

12 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Happy Friday (though it is still Thursday for me!) I just wanted to let you know that I have been wearing the purple shawl you sent me ALL SUMMER LONG (it's heavily air conditioned here). So thank you much-ly, and have a great weekend!

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty pretty yarn. I love yarn with slow and subtle colour changes - and those colours are gorgeous.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Ooo, pretty yarn. Gorgeous color changes!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Shhhh. Pretty yarn! Sunnyvale is right down the road from me (meaning, in typical California terms, somewhere within 100 miles, give or take a few).

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh it's gorgeous. I have more laceweight than I can shake a stick at, but think I need some of that!

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That yarn is unbelievably gorgeous!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Sydney Harper said...

Beautiful yarn! You find the nicest stuff.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Oh. My. God. I'm sorry. I think I've got and gotten drool all over your blog again.

3:55 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Dribble.

4:01 PM  
Blogger knittingingrid said...

Gorgeous yarn - and purrfect for a lace project. I am convinced you must be my secret pal - love your cats! Is one a Russian blue? Am I warm???

7:14 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Gorgeous yarn! Hopefully the SDM stayed in his lair...

10:32 PM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

Ooo... that yarn is beautiful. The perfect shield against the Depression Monster. Brite colors scare DMs away.

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home