Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, May 22, 2006

Sneaking up on Dorian

La la la, leaves and birds and people and cars, lalalala


I bet I could get a bird if one came close enough... I wouldn't bang my head on the glass this time, stupid window can't fool me twice!


What the?? Don't DO that!

Went corset shopping on Saturday. We also went to Sexyland shopping for toys, but that's a whole other story that no one wants to read!

I ordered a corset. Black brocade with silver cherry blossoms for the front panel, plain black for the rest. It is costing a FORTUNE. But it is Worth. Every. Cent. Va Va Voom doesn't begin to cover it! Beautifully constructed, top quality materials - fantastic! And the group of girls (me, Gibbering, and Wafflehouse) got to try corsets on each other. A plan with no drawbacks. Purplexity was sniffly and sick, but nobly assisted with lacing, unlacing, colour choices, and general admiration.

We then went off to Gertrude St for a good lunch, and a wander up and down the shops, some of which were very funky indeed. I went to a shop called Artisan Books which has the BEST range of knitting books! So cool! But I was very restrained and only bought a back issue of InterWeave Knits. Wafflehouse bought Knitting Vintage Socks. And on the way home we stopped at a yarn store and Wafflehouse bought her first sock yarn. Bwahahahaha!!

Good thing for the day: I love my friends!

Bad thing for the day: It's Monday morning and I'm at work. 'Nuff said.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee - great photo shoot of Dorian! I recognize that feline expression...

What? No details of the toy shopping?! ;)

9:36 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Do you promise to model your new corset for us at craft night? (once you get it of course!)
I got the Dove Shawl pattern in the mail :-)

6:31 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Hmmm, apparently I missed something. Why were you in need of a corset??

11:32 PM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

Hehe I own 2 corsets and a bodice. And I'm getting a new bodice this summer.

That's great, you have a store called Sexyland... I want to visit.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Nice shot of Dorian. She looks suitably annoyed.

Corsets and toys, is it? Someone's in for a nice summer of love.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home