Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Friday, May 19, 2006

Since it Worked So Well Last Time

Look!! Meiko paws!! And WHISKERS!!!

Thank you all so much for the well-wishes - Dave is back to normal, and now we're both trying to catch up on lost sleep. I told Dave about the well-wishes and he said "Hmmlkadjkllj" - which, if you speak Sheepish Mumble, translates to "I can't believe you told the whole internet about that but thankyou."

Work is still hellish. The Temp From Hell has now taken FOUR DAYS to complete two tasks which I confidently expected her to have sorted by the end of day one. And the clusterfuck is reaching gargantuan proportions - I got shouted at by a completely different person yesterday! Such fun. I didn't swear, but I did resort to the Icy Voice of Doom, which allows you to express an opinion of the rude unprofessional bitch on the other end of the phone while sticking to the letter of Customer Service Best Practice. I've taken to eating lunch at my desk so that I can get some work done while the temp is out. Sigh.

I got two packages the other day! No, three. Ooops. I got my three skeins of custom-dyed laceweight from Sweet Georgia to make a shawl for K, I got two outrageously beautiful skeins of sock yarn from Kpixie, and my messenger bag and tshirt from Crazy Aunt Purl. Pics to follow.

Good thing for the day: Meiko Whiskers
Bad thing for the day: Not yet having winged attack monkeys sitting under my desk at work ready to savage temps at my command.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Shit, the winged attack monkeys haven't arrived yet?? Oh oh, they are going to be fiendishly hungry and very evil when they get there! Please make sure the top is pointing toward the temp when you open the box - I would hate for them to attack you in their hunger...

7:53 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Or the winged attack monkeys are temps too. Lost somewhere, attacking some hapless overworked person. We're learning new accounting software. Or "learning", I should say. What's wrong with a DOS based program? I mean, other than there is zippo support for it.

Meiko paws! Adorable!

8:36 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Wow, sounds like E will be so much better than this temp (I presume E is going to be starting there soon?).
You now have something else to take pictures of...

6:07 PM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

*flips through her new book of knitted stuffed animals. Sees monkey. Sees bird. Grins* Peeve my dear, give me you address and your winged monkey shall arrive shortly

2:21 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Can you get the temping agency to send you a new temp? Or can you poke her with knitting needles until she gets the message and goes?

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home