Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wednesday

Sorry I've been a bit quiet, guys! Dave had a kidney stone episode early yesterday morning, and I've spent the last little while looking after him (the emergency room at 5 in the morning is an upleasant place), and organising doctor's visits and scans and things.

Also, now that I'm back at work, a situation which has been lurking ominously has turned into a complete clusterfuck (I believe that's the technical term), and I'm trying to deal with that while training a temp who I want to strangle.

But, it's cool. Dave is okay, and that's the main thing.

Back to regular posting soon!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! Poor Dave. Poor you and your work situation. Take care.

2:08 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Oh no. I'm sending you a big hug. Poor Dave! I'm glad to hear he is on the mend though. I hope things at work get better or I'll have to fly over and use my new assertiveness skills.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Kidney stones - been there, done that. Total sympathy for Dave.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Poor Dave! I've lugged a friend to the ER for kidney stones before. Ow! Glad to hear he's doing better.

Sounds like it's time to open a can of whup ass at work. ;)

11:00 PM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

I'm glad to hear that Dave is doing better, though I'm sorry he was ill at all.

Slap the temp. Go ahead, you know you want to.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Oh, good luck with the kidney stones. Those are painful, I hear. And yes, clusterfuck is a technical term :) (It'sa also a key word in my hubby's vocabulary, along with "motherfucking pus bag" and "fucktard" ... and for the truly moronic, "motherfucking fucktard",)

11:47 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Ohhhh. How miserable! I hope he feels better at least with it out.

1:43 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

So is Dave not only better, but done with the kidney stone? Hopefully? They're horrible.

Training is evil. I'm the world's worst trainer. It is kind of fun though, because everyone I've trained was afraid of me. Which amuses me to no end because no one! no one! is afraid of me otherwise.

3:39 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Heehee. I do think people I train are afraid of me.

9:35 AM  
Blogger RheLynn said...

************sends you and Dave lots of well wishes!!!*************

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no! I was at the er maybe two weeks ago with the bf for the same thing. hope dave is doing better! and maybe some sock yarn will finally reach its way to you to brighten up your day!!

1:20 PM  
Blogger eliza said...

I hope Dave feels better soon and the clusterfuck eases...

6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home