Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, May 15, 2006

Monday Morning

Blergh. I'm at work.

Dave and I did some quick grocery shopping yesterday. The startling thing is that as we were heading for the checkout, I took a mental tally of everything in our baskets. We had rice cakes, tofu, soy milk, lowfat yoghurt, lowfat soups, fruit and vegies. Every single thing was healthy. And we were looking forward to eating it - yum! So weird. Although I'll admit I did feel a pang of longing walking down the biscuit aisle.

Worked out yesterday morning. Had porridge for lunch and enjoyed every bit of it. The world has obviously gone completely mad.

Also, I seem to be experiencing a crafty slump. I have four knitting and two crochet projects sitting waiting for me, and I didn't want to do any of them. So I did what any normal person would do: I cast on for a ridiculously complex project that I really don't have time for. Yeah. I feel better now!

Good thing for the day: It's overcast and gloomy and raining. I love this weather!
Bad thing for the day: The 37 fiddly emails that greeted me this morning when I logged on.

4 Comments:

Blogger CynCyn said...

beautiful sock yarns! of course, i'm partial to the blue one. congrats on your weight loss progress!

1:32 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

I'm trying to be good and not cast on a separate pair of socks. It is very hard concentrate on the second sock with the siren call of lovely soft new sock yarn to tempt me!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yay re: the healthy food!!! :)

I'm plodding along on my green lace socks, waiting for the rest of my yarn to arrive so I can start the log cabin baby afghan. My niece is dizzyingly cute and needs a wonderful blanket...

1:15 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Ha! I took yesterday off! Okay, I steam cleaned the carpets but still.

I'm in a craft slump. Because garter stitch at a gauge of 22 sts to 10 cm is a FOREVER project. My great great grandchildren will be trying to finish this shell.

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home