Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Project Spectrum With Cats!

This is a card I bought while out shopping with the Corset Posse on Saturday. Excuse the flash - this was the best shot I could get! I love this card - it's by a German artist called Quint Buchholz. It's beautiful - the colour, the cats, and the mood of the scene. A group of cats just sitting together in the park at night. It reminds me of a Neil Gaiman story - has anyone read Dream of a Thousand Cats? It started me thinking that maybe all the blogger's cats meet up when they dream as well. This card is going to work with me so that I can see it all day!

Good thing for the day: Knitting and Chocolate Trudi is ordering some lovely sock yarn from overseas and I'm getting some as well so that we can split the postage.
Bad thing for the day: I'm supposed to be the one luring her into sock yarn purchases! Oops.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

all your purchases have been yummy lately! sock yarn doesn't require any luring ; )

did you receive your package yet, Im getting worried :(

7:13 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Sorry Yahaira! I did receive it, I just have been too lazy to take photos and post! It's just as gorgeous in person as it was on the website!

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh phew! thats ok, Im so relieved it got there and happy that you're happy!

8:24 AM  
Blogger chocolatetrudi said...

Woahahahahaha!

(Oops, that was evilsockbuyingtrudi. Just ignore her.)

8:46 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

I have just scaled the wall of my enemy's estate, and am now creeping towards the manor house to do my dastardly work. Suddenly I freeze, noticing a whole pack (it is a pack just like lions come in packs) of cats, which, to my horror, see me also. That is the scene depicted in the postcard. A moment after the moment depicted, however, they all turn and start bounding towards me. I run. I run like there's no tomorrow. Maybe for me there won't be...

8:53 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I love that card! Lovely, lovely, lovely. I haven't read that story...

12:13 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

You read Neil! Isn't he just wonderful? I could listen to that man talk about anything for any length of time, I just love his voice. I just finished reading Anansi Boys, and the book just made me so happy, it just came together so well. I would love to meet the man someday, even though I'd most likely just stand there and drool like an idiot.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Cool picture! One of my favorite stories as a kid was about a little old couple who wanted a cat. When the little old man went to the land of cats he couldn't decide which one to take home, so he took them all.

4:06 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Cool card. I think Daniel has cat issues.

Who cares who lures who into sock knitting? The important thing is that you're thoroughly in thrall.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Dan said...

They look menacing! And I was mistaken in saying 'pack' rather than 'pride': A pride of cats came loping towards me with murderous intent... Okay so I prefer dogs to cats (except for the cats I live with who are just sweet).

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great image! i wonder what those cats are contemplating...

--knitters tea swap pal

ps. your tea swap package is leaving the country today and winging its way to you...hope it doesn't take too long!

1:55 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Oooh!!! Tea package!!

*bounce*

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home