Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Sock Yarn Stole Revealed

The bottom half of this is Trekking XXL, used for socks for J, and the top half is Cherry Tree Hill in potluck, which made socks for E.

Fybrespates pansy, used for socks for mememe!

Need More Yarn - not a statement, the name of the place which dyed the yarn. Also used for socks for me.

And Opal Handpaint, used for socks for Gibbering.

I am loving knitting this thing. The pattern is nice and soothing, and the feather and fan really shows up the colours beautifully. And I'm enjoying the colour changes, and remembering the socks I've knitted along the way.

Work is easing off a little - I figured out yesterday what was stressing me most. When at work, I have a 'to do' list constantly revolving and updating in my head. With this new position, I still have a to do list, but I have no idea if all of the items are on the list or not. Sigh. Also, I used to have a whole set of concrete tasks. Now, it's keeping a lid on several processes, problemsolving, dealing with urgent queries. Not nearly as neatly compartmentalised, and it's leaving me at the end of the day feeling like I haven't really done anything. Still, it's been over a week, nothing's imploded or exploded, nobody's screaming at me (well, apart from the usual clients), and I've had an important meeting where nobody picked me for an imposter. Yay me.

Today is a public holiday here - yay! I've just had a big bowl of porridge with brown sugar and raspberries, Lulu is sitting on the floor next to me contemplating a cat toy, the sun is shining, and knitting awaits.

Good thing for the day: I have a whole season of Law & Order to watch.
Bad thing for the day: None so far!

6 Comments:

Blogger chocolatetrudi said...

Ooh, purty photos!

I know what you mean about some days being busy, but with task that leave you feeling like you've done nothing at all. I used to put notes in my diary at the end of each day, reminding me what I did, so I felt more like I'd actually done work.

Mind you, that doesn't help if you really do turn slacker for a day... or week.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Yay you!

Pretty knitting. L&O! I love L&O but I seem to watch it in the reruns.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, that is SUCH a cool stole! Thanks for the pictures.

I can totally relate to the work stress. I'm a senior systems analyst for a telecom company. I don't have any "products" per se - everything I do exists electronically. I think the main reason I started knitting was because I needed to produce something concrete and tangible!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Nice stole!
I know how you feel about work. I NEED concrete tasks, otherwise I get very anxious.

11:11 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Ooh I love the stole - the colours are gorgeous!

I am so glad you sound better about work. It is nice to have a public holiday though - next Monday is a holiday here - hooray!

5:26 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Sockstole - yum!
Yes, not really knowing what you are meant to be doing, if that to do list is a real to do or something your fevered imagination made up is a problem. It is big job-stressor, as is problem solving if you are not used to it.
We visited my brother today and yet another nursery.... oops!

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home