Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Foolish Human

Foolish Human! How dare you endanger my blogger fanbase! Post! Now!

Sorry guys, I have been absent haven't I???

I am almost over the Cold O' Doom, and have segued nicely into an interesting situation at work. A senior colleague has left to work on a project in another department. Which is good for her - more money, interesting work, etc - but it means that for the next eight months I get to do her job. And I had a total of ONE DAY to absorb all of her tasks and about twelve years worth of accumulated knowledge. Did I post about this before? I forget. Even if I did, you get to sit through it again. So there. So anyhoo, on Thursday I staggered in still sick to work one day before the long weekend to learn all of this stuff. Yay. I have no idea if I'm doing it right. I feel I should be busier. We have a temp, but I'm still doing parts of my job as well. And extra money for these duties?? HAH. That's right, I said HAH. And I have to move desks. I hate that.

Knitting. There's supposed to be knitting, isn't there? I've been working on a shawl using Marta's 2-ply doubled, but I'm just not happy with it - I think I've frogged it four times now. I'm working on another version at the moment - the pattern wants pure garter stitch, but I feel the yarn calls for large chunks of stockinette stitch to show off the colours properly. So I'm trying to mix it up a bit, but I'm not sure if it's working. But, it could just be the knitting blahs - I just don't feel like working on much at the moment. Not sure why - the work thing is lurking at the back of my mind (which is where all the dangerous thoughts hang out), and I'm still getting over this cold.. maybe that's it. I should be finishing Dave's Koigu Sock Number Two, and K's LL Sock Number Two, and my STR Cedar Creek Socks, and the Rainbow Socks my sister has been patiently waiting and waiting for, and my April Project Spectrum project, and the Rowan Felted Tweed Beanie for Dave..... but all I want to do is play Diablo and eat Easter Eggs. Hmmm. How to address this problem? I shall have to think on it further.

Okay, I should go - work beckons and Dave is fidgeting about in the hallway, which means he'd like to get going please.

Sorry I haven't posted in so long - I hope I still have some readers left!! Hello? Guys?

Good thing for the day: My thought processes appear to be slowly returning after the Cold O' Doom.
Bad thing for the day: I have a horrible feeling that I'm out of Diet Coke. NOOOOOO!!!!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm - you just want to eat Easter eggs - sounds like self-medicating to me... I think you should go with it. The knitting is for fun. The knitting is for relaxing. The knitting is not for beating yourself up with.

Go, eat chocolate, relax, "enjoy" that convalescence (not possible, I know, but we can pretend) and then, when you're ready, you'll knit like a crazy thing, and before you know it everything will be finished.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Anne, you are an optimist and I admire you for it. Odd, though, how knitting blahs doesn't preclude stash expansion, isn't it??

8:10 AM  
Blogger chocolatetrudi said...

Of all the forms of retail therapy, stash enhancement is the most potent. It's retail therapy. It's stash enhancement. I can think of no better tonic for recovery. Well, except chocolate.

Glad to see you're up and about again.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Whew! Good to know you're still alive over there. ;)

What a drag about work - will you be able to agitate for more money at some point?!

Hmm, how come I never hear about the KiKASs knitalong anymore?! Maybe you and Kelly should get each other all wound up over that. :)

10:17 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Chris: The Kikass is OVER. I won - I've just been too lazy to block the thing and take pictures... :)

11:41 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

A-ha!! Congrats?

And tell Lulu her fan base awaits her pleasure. World domination? We're so there.

Chaos was fussing around tonight, so I finally pulled out the stove and rescued all the sparkly mice. Actually, Chaos hopped down behind the stove when I pulled it out, snatched SRM, and hopped out. I had to rescue the rest on my own...

1:18 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

I'm here...

6:21 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

You won and you didn't tell us? The shame.

I'm so glad you're feeling better - you've been missed.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Glad you're back Peeve! Did your cats take good care of you while you had the cold of doom?

8:19 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Ummm.. They sat on me a lot, does that count? but they kept getting startled by the couging and running away again.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

I'm glad to see you're still alive dear. I was starting to worry a bit.

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home