Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, April 10, 2006

Peeve Lives

Sundaram Sock Yarn in Harvest. Yum.

Beginnings of new shawl complete with gorgeous Mrspao (tm) stitch markers - this shawl would be much further along except that it took me almost fifteen minutes to decide which stitch markers to use!

Berry Smash superwash from BrooklynHandspun.

Today was supposed to be my first day back at work after vacation. The martian death flu said otherwise. Then the doctor took the martian death flu's side. So I'm home today and tomorrow. Which would be good, except I feel too crappy to knit much!

Thanks for all the get well soon wishes, it was really nice to know you guys were thinking about me! But don't think about me too much. Cause there's a whole lot of snot involved in being Peeve at the moment. Heh. Hands up who said (or thought) "Ewwww!!" after reading that!

I woke up this morning when the alarm went off and basically passed out again. This was my body saying "You go to work, you die, bitch!". So I listened to my body and went back to sleep. The cats were thrilled. Which would have been cuter if they weren't conducting a pitched battle over the right to sleep next to me.

Good thing for the day: Not as much snot as yesterday.
Bad thing for the day: *cough cough hack sniff sneeze cough*

9 Comments:

Blogger Ainsley said...

I'm with you. *cough cough hack sniff cough hack sneeze cough wisk*

Much less "tissues per hour" today though.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Oh good. So it does in fact get better at some point?? I can see a lot of languid pointing at heavy boxes while others move them around at our whim on Friday!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ewwwww....

At least you have lovely new yarn and stitch markers to console you in your infirmity.

Hope you feel better soon! Sending more Chaotic Healing Energy(tm) your way. You must start getting better - Chaos is starting to look exhausted and is needing to sleep all the time. Um, hmm, wait, maybe that's not related to the CHE expenditures...

10:58 PM  
Blogger Brooklyn Handspun said...

oh you poor girl - get better soon - I was really sick a few weeks ago - don't worry you'll get over it!

6:16 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Oh no - poor you. Hope the sock yarn has healing powers.

8:30 AM  
Blogger chocolatetrudi said...

Too sick to knit? Nooooo! Hope you feel better soon.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Yes, it gets better, but the plague this year is terrible. Sleep. Pretty yarn should help. What shawl are you going to knit? When you recover.

Awww. The cats wanted to cuddle next to you! Winner take all.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Peevish! Hugs and violet creams all round. And lime cookies when you're feeling better.

6:35 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Hey, you can't beat Dr Snot on the snotty problem! I have claimed that market for myself!
Hope the snot is clearing up :-)

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home