Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Geekweevil

This is a painting by Geekweevil, also known as Gibbering. I like the tassel. Obviously, she's a strange girl, but you can see why I like her!

Thanks for all of the supportive comments re: work - it's going to be tough, but it will be good for me to learn new stuff - I just have trouble being yanked out of my comfort zone like that.

And Carrie K? You made me blush, you minx!

Have just returned from clothes shopping at ChadstonetheFasionCapital. Which was both good and bad. We got there as soon as it opened, and we bought winter clothes. I got a purple velvet jacket/pants suit, a military-style black vest which I luuuuurve, a pair of jeans, a purple shirt (hmm... I'm starting to detect a trend here.....) and a basic black tshirt. This was the good stuff. The bad part was the UTTER CRAP they apparently expect larger-sized knitting goddesses to wear. One store in particular seems to think that sizing goes from wildly trendy size 10 clothing to size XXXXXLLLL flowered mumus with not a lot in between. Sigh. However, clothing was bought and therefore doesn't need to be bought again for a while. And I awarded myself a doughtnut bonus at the end. Heh. I was VERY good and didn't even go into Borders. But I looked at it longingly as we walked past. I'm sure it understands.

Good thing for the day: Doughnut.....
Bad thing for the day: Forgetting to moderate my language in crowded shopping centres. Oops.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I hate shopping for clothes. Hence my thrift store wardrobe. It's a wonderful country when a girl can clothe herself in Levis and Eddie Bauer for $5.99 and $3.99 from the thrift store, leaving money for more interesting things - like shoes and yarn and books and travel.

The painting has definite quirky appeal!

Now I have to go read what the wicked Carrie K wrote. :)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I hate clothes shopping too. That's probably why I dress like a hobo! I can't find jeans that fit and don't reveal ALL of my underwear! UGH!

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's one of the inviolable laws of the universe that whenever you actually set out to go clothes shopping, intending to buy clothes and all with money in your hot little hand, suddenly there are no clothes that you can bring yourself to touch, let alone wear, let alone spend hard-earned money on and not only is everything designed for malnourished and colour-blind fourteen year olds who think that Britney Spears is the last word in style, but it's all held together by wishful thinking. Not that I'm bitter. At least you managed to find good stuff - can't wait to see it!

8:19 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

I love the painting! It is very unusual. I agree with you on the clothing front - it is difficult to find nice clothes here too.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

Very cool painting. I love the corset!

Naughty girl, were you teaching small children fun new words?

12:46 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Very cool painting.

Not go into Borders? After shopping? I couldn't have done it.

Oh, I love the way they "design" for larger women. I was trying to find a top for my mother - why do they think that her neck would inexplicably be 9 feet around? The neckline would have gaped to her knees. Bah. That's why I sew and stay way out of fashion.

You sound much better though!

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home