Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Finished Object


Dave's Koigu Socks. My first pair of toe up socks so that I could use every little bit of yarn. Sigh. I like these socks. And Dave was very good about putting them on the instant we got home and having photos taken of his feet. I am pleased with the way they turned out. I like the bottom photo better, but the top one is more like the true colour.

Work is very very tiring at the moment - I have to move desks, and I have been cleaning years of accumulated clutter out of the desk I'm moving into, organising systems access and trying to learn a new role all at once. Sigh.

Good thing for the day: Trudi is coming to craft night!
Bad thing for day: Not being fabulously wealthy.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh - I share your bad thing for the day, so I sooooo don't need to be shown yet again just how beautiful Koigu can be.

Those socks are gorgeous - I may spend some time just gazing at the computer screen, looking at them.

6:23 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

dave's new socks! Noice! Toe up is GOOD! :-)
I just had to move only 9 months of clutter out of the desk I moved to - that took me two days!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Great socks! I hope you've told Dave repeatedly how fortunate he is to have Koigu socks. :)

Ack - good luck with the work stuff...

10:11 PM  
Blogger Miriam said...

your blog entry just exudes Tiredness. Take 15 min. to take a hot bath and then take a 30 min. nap. Make sure you take care of yourself!

12:33 AM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

Koigu is the best. Those are so pretty, yet masculine.

ugh, I hate moving desks. My work's made me move about 4 times in 7 months.

2:23 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

"Look, Dave, there is a panda at your window!"

(says mrspao running away with the socks - my preccioussssss)

So sorry to hear that work is all topsy-turvy at the moment - I hope you get sorted soon.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Awww, thanks guys! Dave wore the socks for five and a half hours before he was willing to take them off. I think he likes them!

Mim - I can't nap. It's a tragedy. Unless I'm absolutely dead on my feet, my brain won't let me nap. It keeps telling me about all the stuff I should be doing!

7:38 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Ooh, I like the colorway. I hope he enjoys his socks!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Nice socks! My Koigu socks are my favorite of all my socks so far...

7:45 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

It wouldn't be fair for you to be so good looking and fabulously wealthy.

Glad to hear you're up and about again, although going to work and getting that news would have flattened me. Yikes. And no monetary compensation?

Those socks are fabulous looking! [big sigh]. I have to buy Koigu yarn, don't I? And make socks for mememememe.

Don't overdo craft night! Eat lots of Easter candy. It'll give you energy.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home