Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, April 24, 2006

Monday Morning

Well, it's Monday morning here, anyway......

What have I been up to lately? Knitting-wise, I've started the second sock for K in Lorna's Laces Flames, but most of my time has been devoted to the Sock Scrap Stole. It's a stole/wrap/thingy in a feather and fan pattern using all of the little balls of leftover sock yarn. I wanted a project which would use up these remnants and be something I could wear/use, and also look at all of the different yarns and remember the socks I've knitted and who I've knit them for. Sort of a knitted patchwork for the obsessive sock knitter. Cause the socks I knit are special to me - I've knitted them for myself (something of a triumph, because I tend to give away most of the things I knit), or for people I care about.

Also we've been watching Wire in the Blood. Robson Green. Phwoaaar. Ahem. Brilliant, brilliant series. We've been absolutely hooked since the first episode, and we've just finished watching series four. But we didn't want it to end! Anyone know if they've made/going to make series five? Sam?

Good thing for the day: It's a public holiday here tomorrow. Wooooo!
Bad thing for the day: Winter approaches. It's time to go to work and it's still dark outside.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh, very cool about your stole!! How are you constructing it?? Pictures?

I've been thinking about something along those lines, but more an afghan - and toward that end, I picked up one of those "weavettes" (mini loom that you hold in your hand). I'll weave sock yarn squares and eventually assemble them like a quilt.

So as you mourn the end of summer, we're celebrating its return...

6:57 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

I did think of doing something like that, but the thought of all that seaming got me down.... :)

ChocolateTrudi had a portable loom thingy, and it was very funky..... Do I sense another hobby rearing its ugly head???

8:02 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Winter. Blah. I am going to be walking to the station in full darkness within a month. And walking home after sunset. Blah.
Your sock-ghan is going to be very cool.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

Ok... I'm either really dim or not very attentive. I was like, "WINTER?" Do you believe I checked the date on the post before your location?

I'll send you some sun!!

3:53 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

I'm definitely going to crochet an afghan with the leftover sock wool - I love the thought of looking at it and thinking about all the socks I would have made. I have an afghan my mum made which reminds me of some of the clothes we had when I was a kid - she used bits and pieces of wool that she found leftover. It is my favourite!

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home