Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Blankie Pics!



This is my crocheted sock yarn blankie from all my scraps of sock yarn. I love it. It's wildly coloured, it has scraps of almost all of the socks I've ever knitted in it, and THERE IS NO SEAMING INVOLVED. When I've finished, I've finished. I love the granny square format for this because it presents the colour in little blocks, so you get each patch of colour distinct from the next. Love, love, love!

Now, dear blog readers, I have a quandry that you can help me solve. As you can see from the top pic, the blankie is getting to a goodish size. Now I can't decide whether to leave it as it is (good size for a lap blankie when snuggled up on the couch watching America's Next Top Model yesIknowIhaveaproblemthankyouverymuch), or just keep on hookin' until it's a really big blankie. If I leave it as it is, I can start another one so as to share the blankie lurve.

Either way the cats are happy - there's just something about crochet that interacts well with their paw pads cause they go all pussyfooting and dribbly with pleasure when they walk on it.

13 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

It's gorgeous! Hmm, that is a dilemma... Maybe two lap blankets, one for you and one for Dave?

11:35 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

What a great idea! That is so very pretty! I made one square for a sock yarn blanket but I didn't enjoy it very much. I just may copy yours here...I love it!

I vote for making it bigger.

1:26 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Can I ask you what size hook you used?

Did I mention I love your blanket? ;)

1:38 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I'm usually a more is more kind of gal - but hmmm. Two lap blankies for you and Dave or a bigger one for you to share.....Bigger.

It's such a cool looking blanket!

According to the prophecy.

5:16 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Keep on hookin - it can only get more gorgeous! Great job - it's really pretty.

1:04 PM  
Blogger chocolatetrudi said...

It's fabulous! I reckon stop when you get bored. The bigger the better!

3:08 PM  
Blogger bellamoden said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THE BLANKET! SO MUCH! Way beyond my wildest dreams. It's perfect as it is. Truly.... gobsmacked. You are amazing.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I mean wow!

I agree with Trudi. Crochet til you're sick of it. That's the joy of granny squares.

It's like one of those beautifully crafted mosaic murals you see.

11:43 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

Your blanket is beautiful! Really! I don't know about continuing on or not though....the idea of two such blankets does have it's appeal, but then, so does a larger one.

1:50 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Do a second and if you don't like it, sew them together and crochet round them :)

1:22 AM  
Blogger Marg B said...

It's gorgeous! I recommend going bigger if you can face the ever lengthening rows - I have a lap blanket that only the cats use

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow what a great idea! I love it! I have a lot of left over sock yarn and I thought I would be making baby booties, but this is much better! Thanks for the idea.

I say keep going with the blanket.

beth (big geek)

6:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home