Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Hiya!

Hi there! I am blogging from work early in the morning (well, 7.30am here in Melbourne) just so that I can post and reassure myself that I can still post stuff on a semi-regular basis. But, I'm posting from work, so no pics to post this post.

My newest obsession that I wrote about in my last post has been temporarily put aside so that I can work on a secret project, the yarn for which arrived yesterday. It's callllllling me! But I can't show you that or even tell you much about it, cause it's seeeecret.

What have I been doing? Saturday Gibbering and I babysat our friend's 19 month old toddler for five hours. He's adorable, he loves us, he was astonishingly well behaved (except for one decibel-rich tantrum), and he napped for a whole hour of that five hours, but he still completely wiped the two of us out. How do you people with kids do it??

Work is still astonishingly stinky, crazy, stressful and overworked. I estimate that each of my team members is doing around two and a half full time job's worth of work, which will probably only increase from here on in. Sigh. My desk is a TIP.

What I really want to do is pully my other current project out of my bag and keep working on it: I'm crocheting again. I'm crocheting a big granny square rug (as in like a big giant granny square, not a big rug made up of little granny squares) from some yarn I got courtesty of Yarnivorous' stash clearing. On Saturday night I stayed home and taught myself to crochet the granny square. I KNOW HOW TO LIVE IT UP, YEEEEEHAW! I'm finding it quite soothing once I get into the rhythm of it, actually. And watching people catching sight of me crocheting in the car on the way home in the afternoons is very funny. They seem to think it's something you should only do in private, like picking your nose or something. Not that I would.

Anyhoo. I have a big stressful day ahead of me, and to cap it all off I have a dentist appointment tonight. Yay me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Wild times in Peeve land!! What sort of yarn are you using for your giant granny square?!

I feel the same way after I spend time with my niece - wow. Hats off to all parents.

9:14 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I want to learn how to crochet Granny Squares. I've always been weirdly mesmerized by them.

Babies/toddlers/small children really use up all available energy, don't they? I think they siphon yours off to fuel themselves. But they're so cute.

Speaking of cute - Marlowe! And lettuce. Awww.

10:20 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

I have a giant granny square blanket my mum made me when I was small. It has shrunk a lot after all the washing it has had over the years so it is baby-sized now!

I haven't crocheted for a while but I keep meaning to!

5:13 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Yep. we really know how to live it up here! I think I spent a lot of Saturday night fluffing up fleece and getting vegetative matter out of it (like my brain, LOL).
Glad you are enjoying the yarn. I am thinking I have to do a quickie cat bed for Nutmeg - I'm going to miss my pudding.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

I went through a granny square phase a while back. They're perfect for those instant gratification needs. Can't wait to see the rug!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

*drops pin* So... quiet.... :P

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home