Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

*blush*

Umm... errr...... *fidgets bashfully*

Gosh.

Thank you all so much! I really wasn't fishing for compliments, but boy it was nice to get so many! You guys!

It was really hard work to read all those nice things you said. I had to admit that at least some of them are TRUE. BIG concession there from Miss Self Esteem Free Since 1982!

I've been crocheting madly away on a blankie of sock yarn scraps. It looks Great. Dave asked me how it was going and I said, Ohhh, okay I guess. He looked at me and asked what I would think of it if I saw it on someone else's blog. I said I'd love it and think the person was wicked talented and I would immediately Need to Make one of My Own. He said Well then. I said Oh. Yep, this giving yourself credit thing is tricky, no doubt about it.

Pics to follow soon, I Promise.

8 Comments:

Blogger yarnivorous said...

Kellie, Kellie, Kellie.
One problem with giving so many lovely things away is that you can't remind yourself of the things you've made! And you need constant reminders.
*shakes head and wanders off*
(but only for the nonce)

11:00 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Lynne has a good point there!!! :)

11:14 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Now I want to see those pictures because I want to make my own. :) It's infectious!

12:18 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Photos, please! We can't praise you otherwise :) But seriously, you are a lovely person who is very kind and you can seriously knit!!!!!!

(PS If it hadn't been for your photos of lace, I wouldn't have tried it)

1:53 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Practice makes perfect!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

Start bit by bit.

"Damn I've got a cute pinky toe."
"Wow, my heel looks so slim today!"

Then get bigger.

"My arm is talented. Look at how well it knits."
"My legs are really fit! Carrying me around all day."

Then finally you can strut around saying things like

"That's right. I'm superfabulous!"
"Everything I do is art. I'm just that awesome."

Of course if you get that far we may have to deflate you a bit. But it'll be with love. :)

7:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great idea to create a blankie from sock scraps..can't wait to see a pic. Happy crocheting girl!

10:50 AM  
Blogger bellamoden said...

Oh I can't wait to see the crochet blankie! I have tons of scrap yarn I can't decide what to do with.

And you're super-fantasic! Silly :)

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home