Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, October 09, 2006

Bollocks

How did it get to be Monday so soon???

I have no pics of our trip to Warburton, because I left the bollocking camera at home. Which is a tragedy, because from where we were sitting on the riverbank, there was a family of ducks - Mummy and Daddy and four little bundles of fluff - SOOOO CUUUUTE!! If I'd had the camera, I could have captured the truly Cute Overload-worthy moment of four teeny little fluffy duckling bottoms lined up in a row while they were all pecking at the ground for food. Sigh.

The day was glorious, though - we spent a couple of hours on the riverbank, watching ducks, casting on for a 600 stitch project for the FOURTH Bollocking time, and laying in the sun "reading". At least I didn't snore.

Yesterday I spent two hours sitting on my arse on a cold concrete floor with an overheating laptop helping Dave catalogue his wine. That's a lot of wine! But I did earn lots of karma points.

Meiko is now snuggling up on my lap, bringing me the joyous news that it is in fact moulting season, and she can prove it by the amount of silver grey fur she's shedding all over my black work outfit. Dorian has now scrambled up onto the desk and is looking in total bewilderment at Meiko on my lap. He has trouble processing these things sometimes.

I have to go to work now.

This post brought to you by Bollocks Monday.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a fun trip. Baby ducks are so cute. Too bad about the camera. I always seem to forget mine when there's the best picture material.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Heh, I was guessing that "bollocks" was our vocabulary word for the day. :)

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dorian is just gobsmacked that Meiko would be on your lap when he wants to be.

It isn't Monday yet. On the bright side, by the time mine rolls around, yours will be over.

Did you crack open a few bottles of that wine to ease the pain of catelogueing?

10:11 AM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

I can't wait to see what tomorrow's word of the day will be!

You sound like you're doing a lot better dear. I'm very proud of you!

11:59 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

If you weren't snoring, I gather Dave was? And how did you know that you weren't snoring? :-P
And why do we like Warburton? Apart from it is quiet, it has a great river, lots of cafes, etc, etc...

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home