Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, July 24, 2006

Bendigo Sheep & Wool Part Two: The Loot

Okay, this wasn't loot, it was just funny - the cardboard cutout of Thermastrap man, and the annoyed stallholder. Apparently we weren't taking the magic of Thermastrap seriously.....

From Wendy Dennis - Some charcoal handspun hand dyed corriedale fingering weight, some purple 8ply (DK) , and some purple/grey 8ply. I have no idea what I will do with any of these yet, beyond gloating.

From the famous Bendigo Woollen Mills - 12 balls of grey pure wool 2ply. Yum. And only $2AUD a ball!

I cannot for the life of me remember the producer of this yarn - it is hand dyed, and I bought it purely because the colours were soso pretty - purples, greys and yellows.

Bendigo Woollen Mills again - around 800g of cream coloured alpaca for nefarious dyeing experiments. Mwahahaha.

600g of charcoal coloured 8ply from the Woollen Mills - I'm planning a vest with this!

600g Bendigo Woollen Mills 5ply (sportweight?) in a heathery purple - vest again!

And last but oh in no way least - luscious luscious goodness from Firbreworks - alas, they have no website yet. Oooooh, the colours these people produce! The skein on the left is 100g of greens in 3ply, the centre skein is 200g of blacks/teals fingering weight, and the skein on the right is 200g of blues and greens.... these were NOT cheap but boyohboy were they worth it! I bought the centre skein as soon as I spotted it, then forced myself to walk away and think about the rest of it. I was back less than five minutes later for the other two. The lovely ladies at the stall laughed understandingly. Or pityingly. Perhaps both.

I also bought two knitting books, but photos will have to wait, as my camera battery is sulking.

Yaaaarrrrnnnnnn!

9 Comments:

Blogger Marina said...

Gorgeous! I need to get an updated price list from Bendigo.

9:13 PM  
Blogger Ainsley said...

I drool in your general direction, rather specifically over the fibreworks yarn (sooo purdy) and nowhere near the Thermastrap man - who should look more out place near sheep than he does!

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg. that yarn looks delicious!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Sooner or later we'll need to see the picture of Peeve cavorting in her stash. :D

4:55 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Must. Not. Look. At. Wooly. Goodness.

Cannot. Buy. More.

(Well, I CAN, but I shouldn't.)

Oh, Peeve. The horror of not taking Thermastrap man seriously. How? How? lol.

9:00 AM  
Blogger chocolatetrudi said...

*sigh*

I bow to your stash enhancement skills.

2:22 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Hmm, you know I reckon you probably spent as much as I did! There was a colourway in the 4ply fibreworks that I lusted after but did not buy. Now I am regretting it - I SO WANT that yarn!
Some very very nice pickups there. And of course Bendi does free delivery if you buy more than $40 of yarn (but the back room is not mail order).

7:54 PM  
Blogger Sydney Harper said...

Beautiful yarn, especially the Fibreworks yarn.

8:04 AM  
Blogger renee said...

Lovely stuff!

8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home