Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Books

A couple of recent ebay finds for ya: The Pink Fairy Book, edited by Andrew Lang - the 1908 edition. I was very happy to find this - I didn't even know there was a Pink Fairy Book! Of course, I won't be collecting the original 1880s editions until that lottery win comes through, but a girl's gotta dream, and this is a darn good second prize. Ain't it beautiful??

And this I found in a city bookstore: they've reprinted all three Nurse Matilda books!! In their original formats, ribbons and all!!!! I absolutely adored these books when I was a kid, and they're still hilarious as an adult.

Wooo. This hectic post brought to you by Too Much Chocolate, Cold & Flu Tablets, and Concrete Sinuses.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better soon :( these books do look fun!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

*Squeal* LOVE the pink fairy book! What a find.

I hope you feel better soon too.

3:43 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh no, you're sick again?? I keep forgetting it's winter there... Poor Peeve! Hope you feel better soon. And that Pink Fairy Book? Serious score.

4:44 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Wow - I love those books. I've not heard of the pink fairy book but it looks intriguing.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

I have all 12 of the colored fairy books. Not the hardcover ones, the new release of the paperback editions they put out a few years ago. I absolutely love the stories collected in them. I'm very jealous of your find, I love old books.

11:34 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

I didn't even know there was a Pink one! Awesome! I'm not even sure which ones we have - my brother confiscated them until "I was old enough to take care of them." My little brother. But then again, I was hard on books.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home