Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Shameless

Ooooooh!

Aaaaah!

I know I promised you pictures of ebay loot. I may even have promised pictures of my project from Big Girl Knits. It's hard to say. Shaddup. Anyhoo, I went to Marta's on Saturday morning cause I hadn't been in two weeks and I needed my fix, and I found the above gorgeousness. It is Marta's famous hand dyed twoply, held doubled, and I'm using it to make another Seraphim shawl. I am swooningly in love with this yarn and this project. I have knit nothing else since I got it - A day and a half later, I am already up to over 200 stitches on the needles. I care not for any other project! For I have Yet Another One True Love!

This is just obscenely pretty. I LOVE it. I love watching the colours wind in and out of each other, it's magic. We went to see Pirates of the Caribbean 2 today, and Johnny Depp and only Johnny Depp could have driven this shawl out of my mind for that long. Mmmm... wet salty Johnny Depp.....

Woah, sorry, I just vagued out for a moment there!

Bad thing for the day: Stupid Depression Monster.
Good thing for the day: I'm going to the gym for a serious workout first thing tomorrow morning. Let's see how the Depression Monster likes that!

11 Comments:

Blogger Sydney Harper said...

Oh, I can see why you couldn't pass it up. That yarn is gorgeous! Maybe the workout will send the Depression Monster packing.

3:33 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

That yarn is gorgeous - I'm in love with it too! Johnny Depp I'll pass on but that yarn makes me drool. :)

Hate the Depression Monster - hope the Monster Workout will kick it in the butt!

5:07 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Oooh, pretty!

Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and even Elizabeth's ex fiancee made the show. Davy Jones & his crew? Not so much. Creeeeeeepy.

Bad Depression Monster. I've been visited by the Weeping Sisters, everything makes me cry. Good, bad, happy, sad, ads, movies, books, it's making me want to knock myself out.

7:37 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Pretty Seraphim! So pretty! Colour therapy for depression plus exercise = endorphins.
I hope the exercise kicked butt but not yours!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Ainsley said...

Ooooh Purty. I see our sock knitalong is a spectacular success then! :)

9:34 AM  
Blogger Pearls Mother said...

I went to Marta's 10 days ago and left with 3 large (200gms each) skeins of her multi-coloured 2 ply and I want more!
I think i may be forming a serious addiction, I'd better go back to the shop and check.
I love the colour of yours.
Would your depression like to meet my depression for coffee and leave us both alone for a while?
Lindy

8:18 PM  
Blogger renee said...

Very pretty! I love how colorful it is - it reminds me of the fireworks we had here last week. And I completely agree with you about Johnny Depp - he's more luscious than a hank of cashmere!

7:24 AM  
Blogger chocolatetrudi said...

Yarn pretty.

Johnny Depp pretty.

Depression Monster not pretty. Bad! Bad!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Pearl's Mother, I can't seem to find your homepage! But yes, Marta's 2ply is magic - I have a large stash which is only going to get bigger!

11:09 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Pretty pretty!! Yay, gym!! Boo SDM (stupid depression monster). Is it easier to conquer if it sounds like a cat toy??

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm pretty yarn... I hope the gym is mighty and fights off the DM - sending you great bit hugs!

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home