Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Monday, July 17, 2006

Hippo Redux

The new Hippo Toe Sock. The last one was pretty, but it just wasn't working out - I was only a pattern repeat in when I started worrying about running out of yarn, and then I made a mistake which even Purplexity and Yarnivorous were powerless to rectify, then I realised that going down two needle sizes from what the pattern recommended was going to make the sock (surprise, surprise!) way too small. So, I frogged and went stash diving. Now I'm using Lorna's Laces in Purple Iris, and going back up to the recommneded needle size means that I can use my funky purple sock needles. So very Project Spectrum-esque! Now I'm almost finished the heel flap and feeling much happier about the whole project.

But wait... what is the Hippo Toe resting on?? Hmmm.........

Friday night I had a great time - I went to Gibbering's house and we ate takeaway and crafted and were incredibly fortunate in two regards. Firstly, we caught the Australian Premiere of Paris Hilton's video clip. Wooo. Much hilarity ensued. Then - Lithuanian Honey Wrestling. No, I'm not kidding. This is a real show in Lithuania. And we watched it. It was strangely compelling. The contestants (who, obviously, competed in bikinis) had names like Sly Chameleon, Country Bouncer, and Dark Blonde, and they wrestled in a wading pool about six feet across which was filled with honey. It turns out that enough honey makes a light-coloured bikini go transparent! You learn something every day.

Good thing for the day: Lithuanian Honey Wrestling. That it even exists is enough to restore my faith in the world.
Bad thing for the day: It's Monday morning. You do the math!

7 Comments:

Blogger Sydney Harper said...

Well I like this version of the Hippo Toe sock too. ... Honey wrestling, huh?

7:01 AM  
Blogger Ainsley said...

Ooooh, so purdy. Yay to you for catching up on our knitalong! It looks great. Go Lorna's Laces.

(I am having "issues" with mine.)

7:27 AM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Oooh, the new sock is looking good!
That wouldn't be a sock monkey in the background?

11:25 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Ooh, I like that colorway! Great looking sock.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Lovely Hippo sock! Um, what is that mysterious black knitting in the background???

2:49 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

I thought you meant Honey as in the drippy stuff. Sometimes I am a bit dim! I love the hippo toe! Those needles are great!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Ainsley said...

Chris - It's Peevish's Hippno Sock Monkey that Gibbering made for her (as Lynne guessed). Oh, it is a thing of wonder. Obey the Hippno Monkey. It's goes so well with the Hippo Toe Sock - it's the Hippno Hippo powers combined!

Mrs Pao - I think she did mean the drippy stuff that you put on toast and comes from bees. Apparently it makes bikinis transparent... Eep.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home