Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Pretty Little Things

Black Olive self-striping

Dragonfly

Both of these are from Sunshine Yarns - part of my 'If I buy myself enough random stuff I might cheer up!' phase of the last couple of weeks. I know, I know, it doesn't really work like that, but if it involves sock yarn, honestly, who am I to argue??

I have many more things to display to you, my vaguely curious audience. I got my copy of Big Girl Knits from Amazon, and a large order of dark red aran weight yarn to make a particular jacket from said book. So Yummy.

I initiated the hapless Purplexity into the joys of online yarn ordering, and blatantly enabled her to purchase her very first skeins of Lorna's Laces. Little does she know the steep slippery slope of being hooked on the Good Stuff. Bwaahahaha. Of course, it made sense for me to order a skein or two while I was at it.....

I'm feeling the pressure of having too many projects on the go at the moment, so last night I did the sensible thing and cast on for another one. Sigh.

Good thing for the day: I am at home taking a much needed flex day. I slept in a bit and am now engaged in defending my breakfast from various cats.
Bad thing for the day: Eh. It's early yet, give it time!

8 Comments:

Blogger Ainsley said...

Oooh, purty yarn.

I haven't even SEEN my aquisitions of Lorna's Laces and I'm contemplating what other colours to get. And maybe I should have bought more of that Purple Club... Especially if it only takes two -three business days to arrive...

9:07 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Lovely yarn! Nothing like a spot of enabling to cheer a girl up, right! Hope you have (had?) a lovely flex day.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Sydney Harper said...

Nice new yarn you have there. Once you've knit with the good stuff, it's hard to go back. :)

Hope you're having / have had a good flex day. Sounds like it got off to a good start anyway.

1:02 PM  
Blogger yarnivorous said...

Mmm, that sunshine yarn is purty!
Alas! No yarn buying for me for a while. Except at Bendi :-)
Do I get to see the Big Girl Knits book tomorrow at crafties?

5:19 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Oooh, the olive batch is devine!

6:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dribble.

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yarn certainly counts as a pick-me-up (and as therapy if you need another excuse). I really like Dragonfly - I wonder if there is any left...

10:58 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Pretty!

I completely agree that the best way to cope with too many works in progress is to start another one. Oh, and buy yarn for it too. (Because that's what I did yesterday....)

Flex day! Hope it energized you right up.

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home