Peeve

Knitting. Cats. Books. Mood Swings. Stuff. Heh.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Australia

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

In Which I Bludgeon Blogger Into Submission

Soft soft soft! This is undyed pure wool from Wendy Dennis - this lot cost a total of about AUD$35. Bargain. I plan to dye this interesting colours and knit a shawl.


This is hand dyed 8 ply (DK), again from Wendy Dennis. Not sure what I'm going to make with this, but it called to me and it would have been cruel to leave it there.

I have no idea who these two are from. But, pretty colours, and enough for a pair of socks.

These are from the same vendor as the above sock yarn - these are both laceweight skeins, and the colours are actually more vibrant in person than the picture shows.


And two great big hanks of Wendy Dennis' dyed 4ply (I think this would be about a sportweight). I'm not sure what I'm going to do with these either, but I know she's going to be at the Bendigo Sheep & Wool Fair next month, so I'm tempted to see if she has more in similar colours and get enough for a soft jumper or something. I absolutely love the plummy eggplanty colours!

So there you have it! The mighty haul from Sunday. Horrifyingly, this was all snagged in a very short space of time, as the hall quickly got very full and I'm not so good in crowds of people! I did manage a lightning meetup with ChocolateTrudi and Yarnivorous, though. It was good to see others with the same glazed look I get in the presence of so much yarn......mmmm....yarn......

I also bought a couple of books, but I will chronicle them tomorrow, as the hour is late and my camera battery is dead. Also, The Evil Chocolate Trudi has taken delivery of the Evil Sock Yarn she ordered from overseas. She Made Me Buy It Oh Yes She Did.

11 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Heh, I can't imagine that Chocolate Trudi had any trouble at all convincing you to go in on sock yarn from overseas...

Gorgeous, gorgeous stuff - the plummy shades of that last picture are wonderfully rich!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Just A Knit Wit said...

I can't wait to see what you make out of that extra brite lace weight!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Sydney Harper said...

Beautiful yarn! I particularly like the Wendy Dennis yarn.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

"In Which I Bludgeon Blogger Into Submission" Let me know when your arms get tired. :)

That first set of yarn (is that the correct lingo? LOL) is so pretty. I especially love the yellowish/orangish/redish batch.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Oooh! The eggplant colored yarn is especially gorgeous.

That Evil Chocolate Trudi and her Evil Sock Yarn. Oh, it's perfect for today what with it being 6/6/6 and all. My brother emailed me that they're having a big party in my aunt's hometown (Hell, MI).

3:35 AM  
Blogger Sachi said...

Soooo lovely! I just want to grab them all and run around flapping my arms like wings. I think, in some parts of the world, that's called the "happy dance".

8:38 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Well thank you all! It is pretty stuff, and yes, the purply ones at the bottom are my favourites.

Yes, It was all Evil Trudi's fault. Never on my own would I have concocted a plan to order yarn from overseas. Sadly, I can't keep a straight face even while typing this.

And Sachi - yes, yes, it is a happy dance! I was awfully tempted just to fling the purply skeins around my neck and wear them for the remainder of the day, but I didn't want to get them dirty.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Ainsley said...

Ooooh... so purty.

Will you do me the honour of allowing me to touch them in person tomorrow? (I promise not to sneeze on them and make them my own!)

10:21 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Yummy, all of them. I think the second photo looks like a rainbow exploded all over a pile of wool :)

1:04 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

I love the plummy eggplant colours too - I can't wait to see what you do with it.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Katia said...

Fabulous haul! Love those colours :)
I'm fascinated to hear about the Bendigo Sheep & Wool Fair when it happens!

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home